Toronto 350 Bloor East | 209.07m | 63s | Osmington Gerofsky | Hariri Pontarini

I wonder why they're keeping the Rogers logo in the renderings. Will Rogers move back to the office portion? Surely it's not because it's deemed heritage-worthy?

Because it's another big fat Rogers logo on Bloor Street.

BTW, not only did I not get my (fictional?) rebate for the black-out, they charged me $3 bucks more. Maybe that's their strategy to pay 1/2 their customers a rebate.

Because it's another big fat Rogers logo on Bloor Street.

BTW, not only did I not get my (fictional?) rebate for the black-out, they charged me $3 bucks more. Maybe that's their strategy to pay 1/2 their customers a rebate.
I got mine for both home internet and mobile so you may want to check with them.

It's an office building. They own and occupy that office building. Are you suggesting they evict themselves and demolish their asset?
/\
I wonder why they're keeping the Rogers logo in the renderings. Will Rogers move back to the office portion? Surely it's not because it's deemed heritage-worthy?
Rogers own the building. OG are just the DM.

Taken June 9 with development application sign:

PXL_20230609_190344712.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20230609_190510956.MP.jpg

I really like the setbacks, and general proportions of this tower. Additionally in my opinion, this tower would balance out the new development on the south side of the street. Bring it on.

Question: Does anyone know if there are any long term plans for the undeveloped SW corner lot at Church and Bloor?

Last edited:
I really like the setbacks, and general proportions of this tower. Additionally in my opinion, this tower would balance out the new development on the south side of the street. Bring it on.

Question: Does anyone know if there are any long term plans for the undeveloped SW corner lot at Church and Bloor?

Owned by the Salvation Army/Grace Hospital.

A conditional donation if I recall.

Can't remember the express conditions, but I believe selling to a developer was precluded.

I'm unaware of any specific plans, to me, it would be a highly logical spot to build a new downtown hospital and replacement for the antiquated Grace, which is mostly a hospice these days.

Last edited:
And.....what I have been anticipating for awhile now (watching the flurry of meetings and phone calls/emails)......and apparently @ProjectEnd has been too..........

A resubmission.

Overwhelmingly similar with tangible enhancements most can get behind.

The notable change here, in light of the current office market is dropping the office replacement entirely in favour of additional residential. We're still at 63s.

I know..... @Art Tsai is like "NL, hold on a minute and let me catch up" LOL Oh well new updated thread number 13 in 24 hours. Sorry Art.

1697907269881.png

1697907297279.png

Look at all the cycling goodies!

Raised Cycle Track, Protected Intersection, and to me, the big one is actually narrowing the Mt. Pleasant ramp from 7.5M to 4.5M and adding streetscaping.

All that and 17 affordable housing units for @HousingNowTO to track.

1697907401877.png

Original on Left below, new on Right:

1697907488842.png

1697907539804.png

* Rose bushes in the public boulevard? LOL Ok.... sure.

1697907612464.png

1697907658238.png

1697907700541.png

1697907756256.png

The design is pulchritudinous.

Ok, I often laud our more educated members for their thoughtful use of the language; though I admit with but a hint of pride, I'm almost always familiar w/their verbiage of choice.

This one I actually had to look up. If I have to look it up, I'm figuring a few here might benefit from the definition:

1697913344746.png

Last edited:
I'm digging the hyper localized biking and traffic calming improvements. A cycling network would be much further along if every development did this.

There are a few, the one by Danforth/Greenwood has similar proposals; and lots of stuff from TenBlock is very pro-cycling wherever feasible.

In the latter case, they have actually hired lobbyists specifically for cycling infrastructure, both because they believe in it, but also want to market it.

In some cases they may also be willing to contribute to it.

Be interesting to see where all this lands 3-4 years out when stuff starts to come online from this round of proposals.

Looks like they cleaned up on some of the jankier elements on the tower too. Noice! <3

Back