News   Mar 18, 2024
 564     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 725     0 

Simons

I wonder if Mrs. Schwartz would give up her lease on the Indigo at Manulife for Simons? It was Brettons 25 years ago, so it might be the right size.

I doubt Indigo would give up their space at the manulife centre - I think it's one of their flagships, as sad as that may seem. I could see Simons moving in on the old globe and mail lands - it would give the development something to differentiate it from the Eaton Centre.

I could see Simons moving in on the old globe and mail lands - it would give the development something to differentiate it from the Eaton Centre.

Orrrr maybe the space that Target was going to take up at Harbour Plaza?

I was at a preview for Simons yesterday and other than some of the up-and-coming designers they tend to feature, I'm not sure if I'm 100% impressed. I can't put my finger on WHY, exactly. Maybe it was how the event was delivered - I'm not a big fan of "sell, sell, sell...we're the best, the others aren't."

Visited the Square One location on opening day. While I wasn't terribly impressed by what I saw, I have big respect for the owners for not carrying the same boring brands that you find in malls and department stores (I'm talking in the vein of Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Polo Ralph Lauren.) Don't expect to find any bargains but they do have a fair share of "midrange" prices, and as such I'm hoping decent quality too. There was a cafe/restaurant on the second floor but I didn't bother checking it out since I had already just ate. And for once it seemed that this was a store where the men's section was just as big, and perhaps even bigger, than the woman's section (each floor is their respective section but the women's floor has a home section taking up some space)

From their Canadian roll-out I think Simons target shopper is suburban teenager, rather than urban 20-something.

Guess downtown Toronto is not elite enough for Simons?

I don't know where you get that.

They've been clear they want into the downtown market.

Rumours were swirling they wanted a piece of the former Sears Eaton Ctr, but that didn't come to pass.

I expect you'll see them downtown soon enough if sales go well in the GTA.

They took the first good opportunities they had.

And considering the original size in Quebec, they are fairly extended.

Its a big roll-out they are doing.

Scarborough Town Ctr is coming in a couple of years.

Downtown we'll have to see. Has anyone heard of a lease on the former would-be Target on Harbour?

There may or may not be a large enough space proposed as part of the 'The Well' or the One Yonge site.

It was also widely discussed that the Atrium was looking to convert one or more floors to accommodate a department store, haven't heard anything on that front
in a while.

What about, say, One Bloor (either east or west)? And what's the deal with One Bloor East, anyway? Do we even know who is moving into the retail section?

Back