News   Mar 18, 2024
 517     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 718     0 

Simons

They did a nice job on the Simons in downtown Ottawa. Shame they can't seem to find a site in downtown Toronto.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,928
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,973
They did a nice job on the Simons in downtown Ottawa. Shame they can't seem to find a site in downtown Toronto.
View attachment 84442 View attachment 84443

Did the space that was intended for Target down on Harbour ever get leased? That was around the right size......

Another opportunity might Atrium on Bay which as I recollect had some sort of plan as part of their office tower expansion to turn one/two floors of offices into part of the retail mix.

A bit on the large side......but I also wonder what HBC will do w/its Bloor St. location........it's old and tired.....but would not be a cheap fix......

Does Simons advertise much? I have not seen/heard one ad for them in any form (print/tv/radio/online) in Toronto yet

La Maison Simons Adds Second-Hand Luxury Goods Departments to Stores

Sept 22, 2020

Simons struck a partnership with luxury resellers LXRandCO and VSP Consignment on the initiative, which last week saw new collections rolled out at Simons’ stores at Place Ste-Foy in Quebec City, downtown Montreal, Square One in Mississauga, and at CF Rideau Centre in Ottawa.

Bag and accessory brands carried at those Simons stores as well as online include Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada, Hermès, and others. Women’s apparel brands include names such as Versace, Sonia Rykiel, John Galliano, Miu Miu, Saint Laurent, and Jean Paul Gaultier, among others.

Still nothing for Toronto:

“Honestly, we don’t have anything in Toronto or Vancouver in the works right now but we’re always staying abreast of what’s going on, seeing the redevelopment projects that are happening. We never really had the ambition to grow just for growth’s sake. It was always kind of a thoughtful growth. So that will continue."

So, with all the talk of Simons eying some of what is, but will soon no longer be Nordstrom real estate; it got me to thinking, as I rarely make it out to one, to take a look at their current assortment online.

I did not realize how close they are now coming to being a full-line department store.

They've always had, and led with comprehensive fashion and had some additional decor items.

But they now carry a fulsome range of linens, bedding, kitchen accessories, bathroom accessories, towels, and yup, they've now got furniture too.

If you think of the traditional department store, they're closing in on it. They don't have any appliances, electronics or toys as yet.......but that is interesting to me. I'm going to have to inquire how these categories are doing for them.

I think it would me a mistake to over-extend themselves. Yet, if they can translate their knack for being on trend; and mixing in a range of affordable/value products with some entry-level luxury.......

So, with all the talk of Simons eying some of what is, but will soon no longer be Nordstrom real estate; it got me to thinking, as I rarely make it out to one, to take a look at their current assortment online.

I did not realize how close they are now coming to being a full-line department store.

They've always had, and led with comprehensive fashion and had some additional decor items.

But they now carry a fulsome range of linens, bedding, kitchen accessories, bathroom accessories, towels, and yup, they've now got furniture too.

If you think of the traditional department store, they're closing in on it. They don't have any appliances, electronics or toys as yet.......but that is interesting to me. I'm going to have to inquire how these categories are doing for them.

I think it would me a mistake to over-extend themselves. Yet, if they can translate their knack for being on trend; and mixing in a range of affordable/value products with some entry-level luxury.......

I have been ordering from Simons regularly, especially from their "home" section. They have a great site (unlike Hudson's Bay's, which is an absolute pain to navigate and bombards you with tiny pictures of thousands of products). Their Fabrique 1840 section is entirely Canadian; they even have food items. But those products are available only on their website.

I have had a high opinion of Simons ever since I first shopped there 40 years ago when I lived in Québec City; I really hope they can find a suitable spot downtown.

Gotta be one of the old Nordstrom locations, right? Eaton Centre, Yorkdale, or Sherway. Sherway feels a bit close to Square One, but would it be greedy to wish for both Eaton Centre and Yorkdale?

Back