News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 482     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Simons

It's tough to guess. It's gotta either be Eaton Centre or Yorkdale. Since they have Square One, logically Yorkdale would follow since they're both Oxford. But, you can be sure Simon's is looking at Eaton Centre. It could vault into one of their top-performing stores. Actually, so would Yorkdale. But they already have one suburban location, I'd think they'd really want to be downtown. So I'm going to lean toward Eaton Centre. Nordstrom's spot along Yonge is just too visible and prominent for anyone other than Simon's to take it.

Well if it's anywhere north of Bloor I'm not interested.

I've become a bit ambivalent about Simons. They have a lot of products made in China. I know they are a bit high/low but their lows can be disastrous. I recently bought a few bath towels that absorb little water even after several washes. And I once tried a shirt in Montreal that generated so much static electricity, it was actually painful to take it off.

I second your bath towel opinion - they look great, but ultimately don't work.

Do tell them.

Its not that often you get a retailer of size that's still controlled actively by the family, and where the family is not that far removed from the front line.

I don't know them personally, but I'm under the impression they take personal pride in their business still; if they're falling short, they need to know.

Some girl on tiktok was saying its Sherway... but its 20mins from Square One.. no way!

I am really curious what could take the Sherway Nordstorm...

Just read that Simon’s is taking over the Nordstrom space at the Pacific Mall in downtown Vancouver with a Cineplex entertainment complex above. Does this provide clues as to what may happen at the Eaton Centre? Also I could see two more stores in the GTA at Yorkdale and SCC.

Just read that Simon’s is taking over the Nordstrom space at the Pacific Mall in downtown Vancouver with a Cineplex entertainment complex above. Does this provide clues as to what may happen at the Eaton Centre? Also I could see two more stores in the GTA at Yorkdale and SCC.
Where did you read that?
Word over here is that for Vancouver's Pacific Centre, Simons would take levels 2 and 3 and Zara and Nike would take Level 1. Cineplex is already building a RecRoom a block south on Granville St.

So Simon’s is now a thing in Halifax. Why does Toronto not have one yet?! I can only think that there is a battle going on between landlords of suitable properties and Simon’s is going to wait it out. But hopefully not for too long!

I've heard it is exactly that. Don't quote me, but Oxford being able to have the only Simons within a proximity of Square One for several years.
You'd think they could have at least put one at Yorkdale if Oxford was going to be difficult. Instead they made it difficult for anyone in Toronto to shop there. Ugh.

Simons is the single thing I miss the most about living in Ottawa.

Back