News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 691     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 312     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

Councillor Holyday's latest stupidity: “If cyclists have exclusive use of infrastructure, they should also have to shoulder the cost of that.” He wants a report on licensing cyclists, something that the city studied and rejected three times already.

Councillor Holyday's latest bright idea: “If pedestrians have exclusive use of infrastructure, they should also have to shoulder the cost of that.” He wants a report on licensing pedestrians,... ;)

Council's brain (t)rust strikes again...

newtwitterav_normal.jpg
Matt Elliott@GraphicMatt
14 mins ago
"Ward 7 doesn't want to pay property taxes anymore!" declares Coun. Mammoliti.

Coun. Mammoliti's city budget cure-all is to give the TTC to Queen's Park.

Call him on it - cut off all city funded services to Ward 7 and residents of said Ward.

AoD

newtwitterav_normal.jpg
Matt Elliott@GraphicMatt
14 mins ago

Oliver Moore ‏@moore_oliver 1h1 hour ago
Cllr Mammoliti draws direct link btwn building new cycling infrastructure and people having to sell their homes cause of prop tax increases

Mammo vs. Holyday is the truest definition of "race to the bottom."

What horrendous impediments to the enjoyment and enhancement of our city they both are.

Truly. I can't think of another newbie councillor who's ever made themselves look intellectually vacant as quickly as Stephen Holyday has, though I shouldn't be too surprised because I remember him being a moron all the way back in grade school when we were 7 years old. I feel like he's already showing even worse judgement than the very low standards set by his father Doug, who was a joke as both mayor of Etobicoke, and deputy mayor of Toronto under Rob Ford.

newtwitterav_normal.jpg
Matt Elliott@GraphicMatt
14 mins ago

I can't believe I'm saying this but Mammo's idea to give the TTC to Queen's Park may not be completely delusional. Given the transit lunacy that comes out of our clown car of a council, maybe the best solution is to take the TTC out of the city's hands.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Mammo's idea to give the TTC to Queen's Park may not be completely delusional. Given the transit lunacy that comes out of our clown car of a council, maybe the best solution is to take the TTC out of the city's hands.

Sorry, but moving Toronto's transit to Queen's Park means decisions could be made by some MPP from North Bay. (Mike Harris was the MPP from North Bay, by the way.)

The only difference that would make is that instead of Glen DeB shilling for the Scarborough subway, Brad Duguid will do it instead.

Sorry, but moving Toronto's transit to Queen's Park means decisions could be made by some MPP from North Bay. (Mike Harris was the MPP from North Bay, by the way.)
Look, it couldn't be any worse than putting our transportation future in the hands of Tory, Karygiannis, Mammo, Pasternak, de Baeremaeker, Shiner and Holyday. The suburban brain trust that dominates Council has consistently rejected expert opinion to give us the Gardiner rebuild, a SmartTrack that's basically a couple of lines on a cocktail napkin, the SSE, and waiting in the wings the Sheppard extension and the - I shit you not - North York Relief Line (courtesy of Professor Pasternak). You could argue that if we don't want to be hostages on the clown car we should vote for better councillors. But the combination of amalgamation (admittedly courtesy of the North Bay MLA) and toxic suburban identity politics ensures that every single dollar we spend on transportation infrastructure will move the fewest people for the most money as long as Council has anything to do with transit.

Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 3.03.07 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 3.02.48 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 3.02.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 3.02.48 PM.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 305
  • Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 3.03.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 3.03.07 PM.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 335

Back