News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.5K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 525     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

Justin Di Ciano is still defending the decision to approve townhomes next to Willowbrook railyard, calls it a good planing decision. "it makes sense to build townhomes next to the facility."
It makes sense in DiCiano's delusional mind but to most people with common sense, it doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

It makes sense in DiCiano's delusional mind but to most people with common sense, it doesnt make any sense whatsoever.
And the fact council approved the re-zoning because the local councillor wanted it shows once again how these councillors make decision for political reasons instead of good planning. I guess the "you vote for what I want" and I will do the same when you want something holds for these politicians. What a joke. So why should we listen to these same staffers (aka scarborough subway comes to mind) when a politician is trying to push something through and then not listen to these staffers other times?

Park the Rail Deck Park plan: Mammoliti

From link.

Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti is vowing to fight “tooth and nail” against a massive signature park proposed for downtown.

Mammoliti said the Rail Deck Park, which would be built over 21 acres of rail corridor from Blue Jays Way to Bathurst St., should be killed. There’s no plan to fund it, no timeline to build it and it will join the city’s long list of $29 billion worth of unfunded capital projects, he said.

“It’s unrealistic,” Mammoliti said. “They’re trying to put it on our priority list and we have a huge city that includes the suburbs that don’t have an ability get a play structure for their children in their parks. Yet we keep adding parks to downtown in this way.”

Mammoliti said the proposal is frustrating to suburban councillors, many of whom have waited for years to see much more modest proposals funded or basic upkeep in their own communities tended to.

“This thing is just a wish list right now,” he said. “I just want my colleagues to recognize that and think about the hundreds of projects that we’ve been looking at in the suburbs and are being told we can’t do. We’ve been patient as hell over the years.”

Mayor John Tory unveiled the park plan with great fanfare on Wednesday.

Mammoliti vowed to stand up against the plan when it reaches city council in the fall.

“I’m going to fight this tooth and nail,” he said. “I think it’s bad for the city ... this park is not going to help the rest of the city.”

:confused:

Councillor Campbell, who sits on the TTC board:

"the TTC biggest problem is the low ave revenue per fare which is estimated at under $2.15. Maybe it is time to scrap the Monthly Metropass."

Councillor Campbell, who sits on the TTC board:

"the TTC biggest problem is the low ave revenue per fare which is estimated at under $2.15. Maybe it is time to scrap the Monthly Metropass."

Councillor John Campbell is the Councillor for Ward 4 (Etobicoke Centre). Figures.

CpHoXTcUAAI68qb.jpg

The TTC already has the lowest subsidy, or in other hands the highest revenue per fare. If Councillor Campbell can actually read, that is.

Probably, doesn't take the TTC to City Hall, either. Time to scrap regular non-TTC users from the TTC board.

Last edited:
Metropasses are going away with PRESTO next year anyway, I don't understand why this would be brought up as a topic of discussion.

No they're not. The physical media carrying the metropass is going to change; the concept of purchasing a fixed price unlimited trip package for a month starting on the 1st isn't going anywhere.

No they're not. The physical media carrying the metropass is going to change; the concept of purchasing a fixed price unlimited trip package for a month starting on the 1st isn't going anywhere.
That's not necessarily true. physical media will shift to Presto but The TTC hasn't finalized the new Metropass structure - they could go with the GO maximum trip pricing or something else. Might not even be tied to the calendar month - though it will probably end up being the same as current model.

From the TTC Website, at this link:

What happens to my Metropass when PRESTO is rolled out across the TTC?
When PRESTO is fully rolled out across the TTC, you will be able to load a Metropass product fare onto your PRESTO card. We will let you know - with plenty of notice - when you should switch to PRESTO.

I’m a Metropass Discount Plan (MDP) customer, what happens when PRESTO is rolled out across the TTC?
The MDP program will be available to customers as an option. We will let you know - with plenty of notice - when you should switch to a PRESTO card.

I have VIP pricing, what happens when PRESTO is rolled out across the TTC?
We will let you know - with plenty of notice - when you should switch to PRESTO. The VIP program will eventually be discontinued. VIP customers will then have the option of participating in the Metropass Discount Program or loading money to a PRESTO card so that you may pay-as-you-go.

Will PRESTO cost me more since it’s a pay-as-you go type of system?
The cost will be the same as the Metropass (adult, senior/student, post-secondary), unless there is a fare increase. In addition to Metropasses and Weekly Passes, the TTC is also exploring the option of having a non-calendar specific monthly pass (i.e. you could buy a pass on the tenth of the month and it would be valid until the tenth of the next month). More information about this will be shared when details have been confirmed.

One thing that sucks about Twitter is that some elected officials will block anyone just for being critical or having differing opinions. Jaye Robinson is the latest example, proving once again why she is unfit to be chair of the public works & infrastructure committee. The following tweets are by Alex Mather, posted yesterday afternoon.

@AlexDRMather: 1/ And here it is: The councillor responsible for ensuring our safety on roads got tired of hearing about it #bikeTO

image.jpg

2/ I tweeted a relatively small portion of @TPSOperations cyclist & pedestrian injury notifications at her regularly.

3/ I never once used profanity and was never vulgar. I never focused any commentary on anything other than public health and safety.

4/ I simply pointed out, to the person most responsible, a small portion of the myriad instances where our officials are failing us.

5/ Toronto has a massive problem with pedestrian and cyclist safety. That is neither debatable not particularly unique among large cities.

6/ Jaye Robinson and John Tory demonstrated they have no grasp of this reality when they first debuted their ridiculous "safety" strategy.

7/ Only after intense public scrutiny did they cave, but they only did so in verbiage. The stated safety goal changed, but not the funding.

8/ That is the essence of trying to pull the wool over the public's eyes: describe how you've changed something when you actually haven't.

9/ Because the reality is that most people don't pay much attention to municipal politics. And, for some reason, they trust their officials.

10/ Tory and Robinson have exploited that reality. And I feel comfortable saying that b/c nothing has changed. Not even sentiment, really.

11/ And, now, @jayerobinson has blocked me for retweeting police updates that serve as evidence of the reality she, in part, has perpetuated

12/ I'm aware that some ppl will see this as just a regular citizen griping at politicians. It's an obvious, and anticipated, conclusion.

13/ But we must remember this is an example of a city, and its officials, badly failing essentially their most basic charge: health & safety

14/ Every update that @JayeRobinson didn't like me tweeting at her represents an injury to a pedestrian, cyclist, or both.

15/ Every one of those updates represents a life altered. Some only for a time, but some forever. And some also represent deaths.

16/ Possible remedies are known. They won't solve everything, but there are infrastructure, design, and legal solutions that we *know* help.

17/ But the inherent timidity of the #VisionZero (but, really, #ZeroVision) plan put forth by Tory and Robinson is wholly inadequate.

18/ And that, to me, represents an egregious dereliction of duties. How could it be anything else?

19/ So I'm both unsurprised and disgusted that @JayeRobinson blocked me. But it won't stop me from advocating for a safer, healthier Toronto

20/ I will continue to be a thorn in the side of anyone who refuses to take this issue seriously. And I hope others will, as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 441

Back