News   May 03, 2024
 108     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 854     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 244     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Perhaps India will curtail foreign students in Canada before our government does?

On the same day, a group of Senators in Ottawa are proposing 'fixes' to the foreign student program:

Perhaps India will curtail foreign students in Canada before our government does?
Perhaps for the best. If it was up to me I’d require every university, college and certificate-mill to provide housing either on-campus or otherwise outside of the rental housing pool.

I was in Brampton today, I saw some Indian guys driving around with F*** Trudeau flags.
There were large protests against the school curriculum (million March for kids) today all around town which is why you may have seen more than usual.

Because I'm really trying to wrap my head around this one (who doesn't enjoy getting dragged into the latest moral panic?...apologies if this doesn't belong):

If you browse the Million March for kids site, their list of supporters are anti-Vax, pro convoy, pro "f Trudeau" as you mention above. A sample taken directly from their supporters page:
Screenshot_20230920_211033.jpg

My overall impression of this rally and associated groups have a general anti-government/Liberal/Trudeau sentiment, with ties to religious (Christian?) organizations. And observably members are mostly white - It's ironic (or unfortunate?) that they are using the Million [man] march title given its historical references...

Today, my kids' school sent out forms allowing parents to exempt their children from certain topics (including gender identity and expression in grade 8 which I understand are major points of concern)...

As you can see, I'm having trouble understanding where the dillema is... If the schools (at least in Durham region) are allowing exemptions on these topics; where is the 'forced indoctrination'? The school boards certainly appear to be giving options for parents... Again, I'm just trying to understand regardless of where you stand on the issue.

Or is this a just a prank/serious threat? that the Elon Musks/russia/other? of the world are exercising on the population. You know, the old (I believe this was Russian) 'You don't need to disprove, just fill the space with junk/noise so nobody knows what's what' tactic.

A real head scratcher...

You see, if your kid knows it's okay to be LGBTQ from an outside source, all your work at conditioning them to believe it's a moral failing is thrown out the window. Especially if you're already abusing them.

I don't understand the school system offering exemptions for parents. If parents don't like what's being taught, they are free to enroll their kids in a private school of their choosing at their own cost. This kind of weak pandering makes me sick. I don't recall any such thing existing when I went through the system. The system should stick to its principles unapologetically.

Perhaps for the best. If it was up to me I’d require every university, college and certificate-mill to provide housing either on-campus or otherwise outside of the rental housing pool.

Zero chance of this. I know immigrants here who regularly sprout anti-Western propaganda. Yet, they won't be going back soon. Never underestimate the depth of hypocrisy of a lot of ideologues.

I don't understand the school system offering exemptions for parents. If parents don't like what's being taught, they are free to enroll their kids in a private school of their choosing at their own cost. This kind of weak pandering makes me sick. I don't recall any such thing existing when I went through the system. The system should stick to its principles unapologetically.

This is a choice between principles and politics unfortunately. Offering exemptions let's administrators and politicians point to those a a viable option. Take that option way and we might well end up having an election fought mostly about trans-rights in schools. It will be full with all kinds of misinformation. And you're going to be surprised where that might lead.

I get the principle. But in this day and age, I'd rather not have more elections fought on cultural issues when we have so many other bread and butter issues to deal with.

Honest to god.

She was a political activist back home so it would not surprise me if this was true.

If she was an activist against the government, this should please her. If she was a pro-government activist, it would be surprising she was dating a white guy (a lot of Hindu nationalists are really over the top). Either way, take it as good fortune that you likely dodged a bullet.

This is a choice between principles and politics unfortunately. Offering exemptions let's administrators and politicians point to those a a viable option. Take that option way and we might well end up having an election fought mostly about trans-rights in schools. It will be full with all kinds of misinformation. And you're going to be surprised where that might lead.

I get the principle. But in this day and age, I'd rather not have more elections fought on cultural issues when we have so many other bread and butter issues to deal with.

The zealots are going to make this an issue regardless. There is no placating them. Giving in only emboldens them since they think they are winning.

Without defending exemptions, with which I'm not entirely comfortable...

And without throwing them out...............either.

I offer that, when I was young, which I swear wasn't that much further back than either of you...............

The Lord's Prayer was mandatory at the start of school every day in Ontario, paired with the national anthem (in public school).

I can remember students who were members of non-Christian faiths getting exemptions and going to stand in the hallway during the Lord's Prayer....

Without defending exemptions, with which I'm not entirely comfortable...

And without throwing them out...............either.

I offer that, when I was young, which I swear wasn't that much further back than either of you...............

The Lord's Prayer was mandatory at the start of school every day in Ontario, paired with the national anthem (in public school).

I can remember students who were members of non-Christian faiths getting exemptions and going to stand in the hallway during the Lord's Prayer....

I never had the Lords Prayer but I do recall seeing my first Muslim classmates in the mid 90s.

They were middle eastern but it was so weird seeing two people leave the room to pray every day.

Back