News   May 17, 2024
 20     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   May 17, 2024
 439     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

The 'peaceable kingdom' has a long history of burying its head in the sand about foreign actors. 'Everybody likes us - we're nice people' (or, at least, not America).

I'm no fan of the Khalistan movement. And I fully understand why India considers them a threat. But regardless of what one thinks of a victim's politics or even alleged criminality, letting a foreign government orchestrate a murder in Canada without consequence sets a terrible precedence. It also puts a lot of regular people at risk. Imagine cases of mistaken identity or collateral during an attack.

But part of the problem here is also the government's naivete with a lot of these ethnic movements. Just look at Canada's long history with Sri Lankan Tamil separatists. We need to learn how to balance free speech with the ability of these groups to fundraise and promote violence in their countries of origin.

Guess it only counts if white folks get killed.
Sounds about right. Jane Creba gets shot and the public and media go berserk. BIPOCs get shot weekly in Canada and WGAF?

I suppose I’m guilty too. I only stopped going to China when the PRC seized those two white Michaels, while the State has been kidnapping and detaining Canadians of Chinese ethnicity for decades. Now that folks like me are fair game I’m never again touching foot in China.

Just look at Canada's long history with Sri Lankan Tamil separatists. We need to learn how to balance free speech with the ability of these groups to fundraise and promote violence in their countries of origin.
I thought Canada did a good job with the Tamils, marking their Tigers group a terrorist organization and helping to starve it of funding from its Canadian diaspora, allowing the native Sri Lankan Sinhalese government to once and for all put down the Tamil-led insurrection. AIUI today, Sri Lankan is a more or less peaceful democratic republic. Not too shabby.

I thought Canada did a good job with the Tamils, marking their Tigers group a terrorist organization and helping to starve it of funding from its Canadian diaspora, allowing the native Sri Lankan Sinhalese government to once and for all put down the Tamil-led insurrection. AIUI today, Sri Lankan is a more or less peaceful democratic republic. Not too shabby.

Good job?

Canada did not designate the LTTE as terrorists till 2006. This is the group that really developed suicide bombing as a tactic and killed India's Prime Minister with a suicide bombing in 1991. This was also the group that shot down an airliner with Manpads in the 90s.
Canadian politicians basically ignored all of that, even when Toronto became a major fundraising and even recruiting hub for the LTTE. They kept ignoring all that till it was all but impossible to do so, and Canada started getting pressure from the US to do something about becoming a centre for terrorist and insurgent financing for Sri Lanka.

So, yeah, we really shouldn't pat ourselves on the back for this. We did less than the bare minimum. And thanks to our politicians looking the other way, we probably contributed to the prolongation of the war for years, with many more dead on both sides.

Last edited:
Touching on the issue of China raised above..........we're having a meeting of the minds err economic interests with Japan, and the former seems to be the impetus, at least for the Japanese.

Japan's Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry is in Ottawa for a visit, with a delegation of Japanese business leaders, largely members of an association dealing with electric battery manufacturing and supply of materials for same.

So....what's interesting in the article is two-fold.

1) This appears to be a prelude to more subsidies along the lines of what we've seen thus far for other players in this industry (this is getting expensive)........but we do seem to be verging not just on critical mass, but on a being a big player in this segment.

2) The deal w/the Japanese seems to be predicated on some Canadian guarantees about access to raw materials/safe supply; but in exchange, beyond being a manufacturer/buyer, the Japanese appear to be putting the sharing of business intelligence on offer. That intrigues. (technology/innovation to be shared w/Canadian owned businesses subject to supply chain agreements/partnerships)

Last edited:
I was in Brampton today, I saw some Indian guys driving around with F*** Trudeau flags.

I went on a date with an Indian woman last week. When news of this broke she ended things claiming she wasn't comfortable dating a Canadian.

Mind you she was arrested several times for protesting against the government in India.

Perhaps India will curtail foreign students in Canada before our government does?

On the same day, a group of Senators in Ottawa are proposing 'fixes' to the foreign student program:

Perhaps India will curtail foreign students in Canada before our government does?
Perhaps for the best. If it was up to me I’d require every university, college and certificate-mill to provide housing either on-campus or otherwise outside of the rental housing pool.

I was in Brampton today, I saw some Indian guys driving around with F*** Trudeau flags.
There were large protests against the school curriculum (million March for kids) today all around town which is why you may have seen more than usual.

Because I'm really trying to wrap my head around this one (who doesn't enjoy getting dragged into the latest moral panic?...apologies if this doesn't belong):

If you browse the Million March for kids site, their list of supporters are anti-Vax, pro convoy, pro "f Trudeau" as you mention above. A sample taken directly from their supporters page:
Screenshot_20230920_211033.jpg

My overall impression of this rally and associated groups have a general anti-government/Liberal/Trudeau sentiment, with ties to religious (Christian?) organizations. And observably members are mostly white - It's ironic (or unfortunate?) that they are using the Million [man] march title given its historical references...

Today, my kids' school sent out forms allowing parents to exempt their children from certain topics (including gender identity and expression in grade 8 which I understand are major points of concern)...

As you can see, I'm having trouble understanding where the dillema is... If the schools (at least in Durham region) are allowing exemptions on these topics; where is the 'forced indoctrination'? The school boards certainly appear to be giving options for parents... Again, I'm just trying to understand regardless of where you stand on the issue.

Or is this a just a prank/serious threat? that the Elon Musks/russia/other? of the world are exercising on the population. You know, the old (I believe this was Russian) 'You don't need to disprove, just fill the space with junk/noise so nobody knows what's what' tactic.

A real head scratcher...

You see, if your kid knows it's okay to be LGBTQ from an outside source, all your work at conditioning them to believe it's a moral failing is thrown out the window. Especially if you're already abusing them.

I don't understand the school system offering exemptions for parents. If parents don't like what's being taught, they are free to enroll their kids in a private school of their choosing at their own cost. This kind of weak pandering makes me sick. I don't recall any such thing existing when I went through the system. The system should stick to its principles unapologetically.

Back