News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 620     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 299     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

did they mention anything about not being allowed to paint over it?

when i was exploring the building it was just plain metal. i figured if i could paint it white (the same colour as the ceiling) it wouldn't be half bad....

I don't see why you couldn't paint over it.

Haha I had this same thing. The fans in both washrooms are likely connected, they are in mine. Meaning that if you turn the fan swtich on in one bathroom the fan actually goes on in both. So the reason your switch keeps reversing is probably because you are turning the switch on/off in the other bothroom as well. It took me a while to figure this out. I actually took the switch out and flipped it, and then it got reversed again and I wa like WTF, and then it downed on me that maybe they are connected, and they were. I actually put this in my Tarrion warranty 30 day form but I'm not sure if this is a legit complaint.

Anybody else that has 2 washrooms have their fans connected too?

I do as well. Thank goodness the woman who guided us through our PDI appointment pointed this out.

Both are 7 Feet. Just measured. I assume these are lower than the 8 foot celeings because of the wires up above. In the Ensuite, there is a huge panel on the celeing and I was told this is were all the wires are. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Bathrooms have lower ceilings because of the plumbing pipes from the bathroom above you. Access panels are usually installed in closets. Bathroom is kind of a lousy place to put it, but it does have the possible bonus of easier access for any future wiring you might be doing. And yes to the person that asked, feel free to paint it.. it should have been painted for you!

Bathrooms have lower ceilings because of the plumbing pipes from the bathroom above you. Access panels are usually installed in closets. Bathroom is kind of a lousy place to put it, but it does have the possible bonus of easier access for any future wiring you might be doing. And yes to the person that asked, feel free to paint it.. it should have been painted for you!

It is painted, not very well, but it is.

I plan on doing something with it, paint wise, to not grab so much attention.

Are people happy with their hardwoods?

I am super pleased with it to most part, but there are def areas where its soft and has a mild dip to it. Def areas where the padding ran out etc.

How do you guys rate the floor work?

Do anyone of you have the hardwood in your PDI fix it list? I pointed out a few dips and wonder what they will be doing about it.

Haha I had this same thing. The fans in both washrooms are likely connected, they are in mine. Meaning that if you turn the fan swtich on in one bathroom the fan actually goes on in both. So the reason your switch keeps reversing is probably because you are turning the switch on/off in the other bothroom as well. It took me a while to figure this out. I actually took the switch out and flipped it, and then it got reversed again and I wa like WTF, and then it downed on me that maybe they are connected, and they were. I actually put this in my Tarrion warranty 30 day form but I'm not sure if this is a legit complaint.

Anybody else that has 2 washrooms have their fans connected too?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh really is that all? Dude I thought me and the fiancée where going crazy. will try this out tonight when I get home.

BTW may I say this is amazing, the forum has grown to 75 pages. Good job everyone.

Washroom Fans.

I'm just wondering if anyone has fan issues in their unit? In my powder washroom, the fan doesn't turn on - AT ALL :-( (I noted this on the PDI date), however in my Ensuite bathroom the switch for the fan "changes" Sounds odd and weird I know. In the morning, I'll flick the switch on off and if I go out and return I come back and the fan is on??? This changes and does so everyday? Just wondering if anyone else has a similar problem?

Hi

We have two bathrooms as well and at first, we also though we had that issue. we played around with them and realized that they are on a 3-way switch. what this means is, when you turn it on in one bathroom, it goes on in the other.

Are people happy with their hardwoods?

I am super pleased with it to most part, but there are def areas where its soft and has a mild dip to it. Def areas where the padding ran out etc.

How do you guys rate the floor work?

Do anyone of you have the hardwood in your PDI fix it list? I pointed out a few dips and wonder what they will be doing about it.

We have one too...what they told me is that they will look at it but the flooring people have "a error percentage" in which they are allowed to screw up your floor so basically it won't be fixed. I asked my father in law (in construction) and he said its what they call a "floating floor" because of the way it is attached to the concrete underneath, in short- its going to happen and they cant really fix it :(

I was told that you cant get potlights unless you got a PH suite.

really?! that sucks...can anyone else confirm this? thanks!

Also, wonderimg what the hallways look like? I've been in the lowrise condo next to the firehall and their hallways have a hotel feel....decent carpeting with long mirrors next to the apartment doors.

Is there a patio/bbq area in M2?

really?! that sucks...can anyone else confirm this? thanks!

It's generally true. Most floors in condos have concrete ceilings and what's there is what's there. Sometimes you can put them in bulkheads if there's room around the ducting inside.

Back