News   May 24, 2024
 2.2K     1 
News   May 24, 2024
 644     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 335     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

handles when i asked for no-drill.... and a bunch of others.

You may not be that far off - I asked and was quite direct with them for no holes in cabinets, no bathroom accessories, but in the end, they were there. 4 of my cabinets have holes, no handles!, just holes! annoying.

Dont be surprised if it happens.

I think I already posted this a while back but you can pretty much calculate what your "rent" will be. It will be 3.7% interest on the remaining balance owed to the builder (at least that is what I was charged, this rate is set by the condo act so it will likely not change unless the bank of Canada raises rates again) + your maintenence fees which are $0.43 a square foot plus a little more if you have a parking spot and/or a locker + estimated property taxes which were about $230 a month for me

There is nothing else the builder is allowed to charge under the condo act so that is what it will be.

Hope that helps!

I hope somone can answer some of my questions. I will be moving to my unit in M2 next week. My lawyer asked 12 postdated cheques from me, and those are for "rent". My question is, that monthly "rent" includes the maintenance fee and property tax? I think I did not hear it properly when my lawyer was explaining.

Also, Nikkie mentioned to me a year ago that locker will be available for sale or rent once the building is finish. Are they selling or renting it now? Who to contact if I want to buy locker?

I read in the latest postings that cable and internet are now ready, while mails are now delivered. Is this true for M2?

Finally, I want to have blind for my window. Can someone give an idea how much it costs? From where?

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the CRTC several years ago ruled that exclusive contracts are not allowed. Availability is a different story.. but you should be able to tell on the bell website with your postal code if there is availability.
Alternatively, you may be able to get cable internet with TekSavvy.

I've called Bell (since I was already using them currently) but unfortunately they don't have service in our building. This was also confirmed at my PDI last week - only Rogers service in both buildings for now...

Had my PDI last week. For the most part there were no major issues - and the plans haven't changed.

The biggest problem was that they gouged into my hardwood flooring when they were installing my fridge, and I had one cabinet that was peeling on the inner side (much like in the picture someone posted a link to a page or so back...). My bathroom mirror was installed slightly crooked and they hadn't finished installing my closet sliding doors. Other than that, there were lots of minor scratches and chips and paint dribbles etc; etc;... it was pretty obvious that a lot of things were done in a rush.

They had called me 5 days before my PDI was scheduled to ask if they could push back my occupancy by about 2 weeks as their tradespeople were falling back... I had to tell them no-can-do since I had so many things booked and finalized for the move. All I can say is for those who've yet to do their PDI - be prepared to have eagle eyes... it seems like the workers are really rushing and they're being really careless in finishing things up.

One thing that I was happy to notice was that my bathroom has an 8ft ceiling (although it does have that ugly panel in the ceiling). Overall I'm generally happy with the outcome and can't wait to move in.

Good luck to everyone settling in.

Last edited:
Yes, that's correct - the 'rent' should be the total of the 3 costs you mentioned.

I'm not sure if they rent lockers, but there probably are still some left for sale. I'm not really sure who you could call... Property management? Or the Sales Office?

Cable, Internet, Phone & Mail should all be ready for M2 as well now.

Someone recommended Blinds-To-Go a few pages back.
http://www.blindstogo.com/company_history.php

I've called Bell (since I was already using them currently) but unfortunately they don't have service in our building. This was also confirmed at my PDI last week - only Rogers service in both buildings for now...

Fair enough.. but you may still be able to get cable internet with teksavvy. They use rogers system.

Had my PDI last week. For the most part there were no major issues - and the plans haven't changed.

The biggest problem was that they gouged into my hardwood flooring when they were installing my fridge, and I had one cabinet that was peeling on the inner side (much like in the picture someone posted a link to a page or so back...). My bathroom mirror was installed slightly crooked and they hadn't finished installing my closet sliding doors. Other than that, there were lots of minor scratches and chips and paint dribbles etc; etc;... it was pretty obvious that a lot of things were done in a rush.

They had called me 5 days before my PDI was scheduled to ask if they could push back my occupancy by about 2 weeks as their tradespeople were falling back... I had to tell them no-can-do since I had so many things booked and finalized for the move. All I can say is for those who've yet to do their PDI - be prepared to have eagle eyes... it seems like the workers are really rushing and they're being really careless in finishing things up.

One thing that I was happy to notice was that my bathroom has an 8ft ceiling (although it does have that ugly panel in the ceiling). Overall I'm generally happy with the outcome and can't wait to move in.

Good luck to everyone settling in.

I got the same call as you, but I had to pass on the extension as well. I asked if turning down the extension was likely to cause rushed workmanship, but of course they said no. My PDI is on Wednesday, so hopefully its okay. It sounds like everyone's unit is mostly okay, but I've been preparing myself for the worst ever since seeing those terrible pics on that other Liberty project. I'm okay to deal with any number of minor things, but I just hope the main things are good. Please update us with how your warranty claim is responded to.

Thanks! Good luck with the move.

I had my PDI last week. The majority of issues were tiny chips in the cupboards and paint issues. I had a cracked window that was glued back together lol and 2 scratches on the floor and mirror. We marked all of these and they will get fixed eventually, but didn't really care about when. The paint marks are going to happen anyways and you can always touch them up yourself. Most of the paint touchups were completed the day after the PDI.

Also regarding the crooked walls...I noticed if you look really closely a lot of the small/half walls are on a slight angle in a lot of units, I'd imagine this is pretty common (we're talking like 2 degrees off).

My only real issue is the parking spot. My car can't even fit inside it. Will have to call to get it switched.

Lockers are not ready yet nor is the garbage system.

I had my PDI last week. The majority of issues were tiny chips in the cupboards and paint issues. I had a cracked window that was glued back together lol and 2 scratches on the floor and mirror. We marked all of these and they will get fixed eventually, but didn't really care about when. The paint marks are going to happen anyways and you can always touch them up yourself. Most of the paint touchups were completed the day after the PDI.

Also regarding the crooked walls...I noticed if you look really closely a lot of the small/half walls are on a slight angle in a lot of units, I'd imagine this is pretty common (we're talking like 2 degrees off).

My only real issue is the parking spot. My car can't even fit inside it. Will have to call to get it switched.

Lockers are not ready yet nor is the garbage system.

That sucks about the garbage system. M1 has been up and running for quite some time.

Both are 7 Feet. Just measured. I assume these are lower than the 8 foot celeings because of the wires up above. In the Ensuite, there is a huge panel on the celeing and I was told this is were all the wires are. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.

For those who have 9 foot ceilings, what is the height in your washroom? Is it 8 ft so the bulkhead is a foot deep? Any photos of the washroom would be helpful.
Looking to buying a unit in M3. Thx

Back