News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 402     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

HWY 410 extension from Sandalwood Pkwy to Mayfield Rd + more

The key thing was that the highway has been on the books for a very long time. The developer failed to inform perspective buyers is the sense that I'm getting, but I don't think that anyone can say we were railroaded.
I can't say for sure, but chances are every lot was sold with a statement that a highway would be built. MTO gets involved in any development near their rights of way. Unfortunately a lot of purchasers don't read those legal documents. It's amazing how little research a lot of people do when they're buying a home.

So is it fair to reckon the formal 410 --> 10 transition is going to be roughly where it crosses Etobicoke Creek?

This is from mapquest (which currently has the most up-to-date photos of Toronto.)

picture.php

I have notice the high-mast lighting on for the first time last night. The signage for the Valleywood Blvd exit is up on both the highway and the bridge, and they have started paving the area that will form the intersection of Hurontario and Brampton Christian School service road.

They look like they are working overnight tonight.

The lines on the Valleywood Blvd overpass have been painted, they are paving the service road connection, and there is a sign sitting in the neighbourhood park that says "Snelcrest Drive Access Closed. Use Valleywood Blvd."

Opening of the highway appears to be very close.

Awesome. I plan on driving that new portion once it opens, even if I am opposed to some highway construction (as an opponent of the Red Hill Creek Expressway, I still drove it opening weekend).

The Valleywood Blvd bridge and the section of the 410 extension north to the end is open.

Northbound traffic on Hurontario Street must take the onramp to continue to highway 10 / 410 North. If they go straight they will enter Valleywood.

Southbound traffic on Highway 10 / 410 must take the Valleywood Blvd / Hurontario Street exit to continue southbound or turn into the neighbourhood.

Westbound traffic out of valleywood can either go straight to get to Hurontario southbound or take the onramp to go northbound.

So the 410 extension is open? That's the feeling I get. I'll drive it tomorrow (Sunday) as it sounds like it is.

As of 5pm saturday it is not open. The kilometre from Valleywood Blvd north to the end of the highway is open, but the section from Valleywood Blvd south to Mayfield Road is not yet open.

Came back into town last night and drove the 410 northbound around 8 pm and all lanes north of Bovaird were closed (ie. everyone had to get off at Bovaird)...I presume this was to do final lane alignment work for a full opening today...but won't be able to confirm that until tonight.

I can now tell you that the highway 410 extension is fully open!

Back