News   Apr 25, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

When the tracks get built for the south and to the east, they will still need a crossing over both tracks to deal with the elevator issues unless they build a 2nd one a block west which can be done..

What makes you think that? They've never done that anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure that the ODA allows for mechanical failure and "acts of God".

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

That mcnabb street bridge is possibly the coolest underpass I have seen, i recommend everyone check it out on streetview.

Looks to me that they are making the Georgetown yard accessible by train from Kitchener.

For the lazy:
tZ5NWpF.png

2vopX2H.png

This track will facilitate a straight track from the Guelph sub to a platform at Georgetown GO. Beforehand, you had a switch on a curve, and GO trains had to literally crawl over it. There was work completed in late 2013 to rectify it. Now you still have sharp curves to pull into and out of the GO platforms at the station. This will eliminate that need and establish a mainline platform.

Resolving both of these issues and installing the third track will shave a few minutes off the Kitchener run.

July 8
Burlington
18987508704_a86d3b168b_b.jpg

19614496291_aaeb825c5c_b.jpg

18987632144_a3f485b9dd_b.jpg

Bronte
They have or installing a drop ceiling for the ramp area as I don't remember seeing it when last there.
19584458826_0e44cf589e_b.jpg

19422619558_fc7a00ed33_b.jpg

18988948173_6d683609b4_b.jpg

July 8
Burlington

Bronte
They have or installing a drop ceiling for the ramp area as I don't remember seeing it when last there.
19584458826_0e44cf589e_b.jpg

Due to a track inspection kerfuffle on Monday, a morning rush hour Lakeshore West train was actually forced to use this under-construction platform. The front six cars were moved in place at the far west end that is still operational to allow passengers to board.

Due to a track inspection kerfuffle on Monday, a morning rush hour Lakeshore West train was actually forced to use this under-construction platform. The front six cars were moved in place at the far west end that is still operational to allow passengers to board.
My train last Wed was moved to that platform from 2 at the last moment around 5 pm. First train I have seen to use this platform so far.

LOL LOL LOL.....What did I say about elevators for James North???? NOT Working and where is the so stand by crew to fix it???

Another failure that has been standard on all GO projects requiring elevators where they are not ready on day one and are months late when they do for the opening. Lets see what they have to say about it.

Great Opening Day!!

I've been (to WestHarbour GO) twice to load my PRESTO, each time told (very nicely I should add) that I can't do it there?? "Not right now anyway, dear."

Note to self: Attempt Presto reload everytime I go via West Harbour GO.
Report back when it finally works.

(BTW -- West Harbour elevator is working now!)

Had my first look at Harbour Station in person in some time and did some head scratching.

That ramp is there until the games are over and part or all of it will be remove to finish off the ramp to the upper parking area.

Nice to see a 2nd set of stairs & Elevators going in.

I can't understand why construction is "NOT" taking place since it has no impact on GO service in the first place. Did see 2 construction worker.

I counted 52 riders getting off a GO train that arrived while I was there.

I saw more people getting off buses including GO than the train.

I saw one school bus take 2 people to the games. Was told it was a very slow day as well for the week where school buses were parked all over the place.

At least 2 or more people can be in the same washroom at the same time for the mens.

A lot of finishing touches still has to be done, let alone the uncompleted work.

As for the single lane road under the RR tracks, there are many place like this that still exist today. London is one place that I saw and being through as late as Friday. Seen a fair number.

Should note, it will be some time before I have the photos on line, as I still have to do the ones before I went away as well shot on my trip.

Last edited:
FYI,

In Stoney Creek last weekend, they diverted the railroad tracks off the old rail bridge, and onto the new bridge. (located near a future GO station targeted for 2019).

Niagara summer GO trains now pass over these tracks, for those railfanning. Unfortunately I wasn't there during the time a train passed the new bridge -- but I do have other photos of this bridge.

2015-07-25-19-45-28-jpg.51362

GO has expanded the surface parking incrementally at Aldershot GO south lot again (see darker asphalt):

2015-07-24 21.09.43.jpg

There is much more land for much more surface parking expansion.

Someday, with 15-min RER, densification will be warranted, like condos on top of a GO parking garage.

Attachments

• 2015-07-24 21.09.43.jpg
    2015-07-24 21.09.43.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 913
Last edited:
July 17 and more up on site. Weber St E Grade Separation (Metrolinx, City of Kitchener) is still not finish.
20103911725_26accde53e_b.jpg

19481264834_a759b53093_b.jpg

20103924615_29a687c874_b.jpg

19915916490_1a4abcdbb6_b.jpg

19482930783_79d29a47de_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't get what's up with the west side still being incomplete. There has been no visible progress for a few weeks now.

Also, a few small corrections:
1) "Weber" Street
2) This is a purely local project, Metrolinx is not involved

On average, however, that's still one hella good looking grade separation! Most of Toronto's are uglier than this.

As a pedestrian, the picture make me feel like walking under this underpass (at least the finished left side). How many underpasses in the world can a pedestrian say that?

(For further safety -- hope they install nice sunny full-spectrum LED lighting over the sidewalks)

Back