News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 493     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

CityPlace

Interested in gardening but have no outdoor space to do it? Want to help make the neighbourhood look better?

We are starting up a community garden in CityPlace but need at least 10 people to sign up as volunteers! (The more the merrier!) If you, or someone you know is interested, email CPRAGardens@gmail.com!

We plan on moving fast with this, so join today!

That's a really great idea, I hope you get lots of volunteers. Gardening (and watering) is not only an incredibly relaxing activity but it's really exciting to see plants bloom throughout the season, presuming your planting perennials (excellent investment!). Be sure to know what plants need lots of sun and which one's do well with some or little sun and plant accordingly.
I'm not very familiar with the neighbourhood or the type of people who live/hang out there but watch out for needles. I've been involved with some guerrilla gardening over the years and also work with a group to maintain a large sidewalk garden space in front of our building and one of the first things they warned us about was getting stuck with a needle. So just be careful.

New street furniture is being installed by Concord throughout CityPlace and so far, it looks AMAZING! The first bike posts have been installed in front of BMO in the base of Luna, and some cigarette butt disposers have gone in around Luna. Benches and garbage bins will be coming soon.

pictures !

I saw a dog waste bag dispenser pole installed beside that red steel structure at the top of Telegram Mews as well.

Just took a few pics for you:

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Im starting to think Concord should have placed a bid for the city's street furniture contract. haha.

My compact lock wouldn't even fit around those 'awkwardly trying to be minimalist to the point of being dysfunctional' bike posts.

The first ever CityPlace farmers market is taking place September 24th! From 3pm to 7pm. Convenient location for everyone in the waterfront/cityplace/fort york neighbourhoods (Canoe Landing Park)

See you there!

The first ever CityPlace farmers market is taking place September 24th! From 3pm to 7pm. Convenient location for everyone in the waterfront/cityplace/fort york neighbourhoods (Canoe Landing Park)

See you there!

Be sure to take pictures !

Any news on the signature project / city owned land beside the park ?

Speaking of the (red canoe) park, what is going on with that?! The non-lawn areas are becoming entangled with weeds and thorns - not in a pleasant wild kind of way but in an unmaintained neglected sort of way. They are going to have to replant those areas from the ground up.

Speaking of the (red canoe) park, what is going on with that?! The non-lawn areas are becoming entangled with weeds and thorns - not in a pleasant wild kind of way but in an unmaintained neglected sort of way. They are going to have to replant those areas from the ground up.

Toronto Parks staff clear cut all of the plantings last summer. Concord is currently working on replanting all of the 'naturalized' areas. It means making sure all of the weeds that are currently growing in the spaces are destroyed so they don't come back. (See the black tarps on the ground, they are there to bake any of the weeds that remained after being pulled)

The entire grassy area in the North-East part of the park will be converted into a dog park next year. Concord wanted a dog park here originally, but the City didn't like the idea. Now that it has become an unofficial dog park, the City will be spending some money to build one.

No news on the city owned land yet.

Saw a few new garbage bins outside my building

IMG-20120928-01212.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20120928-01212.jpg
    IMG-20120928-01212.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 477
I like the bin itself, but was "Concord CityPlace" really necessary? The branding is starting to get tacky.

I see a comment on the Cityplace Facebook page about marking October 22nd on the calendar. I think we'll be seeing the Farmer's market again.

And there's a bulb planting session tomorrow at 1pm in Canoe Landing Park

I see a comment on the Cityplace Facebook page about marking October 22nd on the calendar. I think we'll be seeing the Farmer's market again.

And there's a bulb planting session tomorrow at 1pm in Canoe Landing Park

Its official... Second farmers market taking place October 22nd, from 3-7pm.

Back