News   Apr 25, 2024
 168     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

CityPlace

Should be Paul Godfrey's statue there, preferably covered in pigeon droppings. If not for him spearheading the add-ons that caused the Skydome to turn into a debt monster, he never would have been able to engineer the eventual purchase of the dome by Rogers.

I think it's quite telling that in Toronto we erect statues of businessmen, rather than athletes, in front of our sports arenas.

Anyone know what the plan is for the median in cityplace ... I'm aware it was one option for an LRT but that'll likely not happen or if it does very long term.

Are they planning on at least making it somewhat decent ... there are some plantings in the center but the outside portion is a mudpit !

Cityplace feels a lot more complete as more buildings come up on the west side ... just really hoping for more retail in those live work units.

It looks like the TCHC building has retail ?

The business mogul who changed the name of a world famous building that we paid to be built to put his own name on it now gets a bronze statue in front. Riiiiight.

No photos, but it looks like a Starbucks is going in just south of Fort York Blvd on Spadina. It's that shorter slab building (The Gallery?) in one of the units which used to be "Concord Customer Care."

As for Hunter's Landing, I've got to say that it has been a pretty big success for the neighbourhood thus far. Once the larger retail unit across from it is developed it seems like it will act as a nice anchor for the community. That patio is going to be great once the nice weather returns too - and right beside the park!

I live in a condo but I cannot imagine living in CityPlace. Every time I go by I can't help but think it's a soul sucking ghetto for yuppies.

Different strokes for different folks. I lived there for 18 months and the place was fine

1980652_10153895019255697_933321124_n.jpg

^^
They need to clean up the dog shit in the northern park, along the rail tracks. For some reason, people in CityPlace, just won't pick up after their dogs. I was there yesterday and there is lots of doggie do-do all along the pathway.

^^
They need to clean up the dog shit in the northern park, along the rail tracks. For some reason, people in CityPlace, just won't pick up after their dogs. I was there yesterday and there is lots of doggie do-do all along the pathway.

It's not just CityPlace, it's the entire city. The problem is getting out of hand, and there's only so much by-law enforcement can do when they are limited with staff and are getting calls everywhere. This is being organized by dog owners though, so calling out all dog owners is quite unfair to those who go above and beyond to keep the place clean.

Tim Hortons will be opening soon at Dan Leckie/Fort York (Base of the TCHC building). The interior is fully setup, so its just a matter of opening!

I live in a condo but I cannot imagine living in CityPlace. Every time I go by I can't help but think it's a soul sucking ghetto for yuppies.

What an idiotic statement. Your soul must just be oh so pure and wonderful. Get a life.

CityPlace is a large condo development done right. Much better than Liberty Village. Good spacing between the towers and lots of park space. Could use a bit more retail but that will come with time. And more through streets than LV. The people I know who live there are very happy.

Back