News   May 21, 2024
 1.8K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 760     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 559     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

Some Infiltration Shots

The two explorers who posted their rooftop shots earlier this month inspired me to do some urban-exploration of my own...anyone with a suite here might be interested in these...

Neo mail room

2496576684_1433ae2b6b.jpg

Bridge from Montage to Neo (3rd floor)

2496572564_16188723bf.jpg

Pool in amenity area

2495746299_b4fcf89e5b.jpg

Amenity area (facing N1)

2495744819_7ebe4cefa4.jpg

Amenity area (facing Spadina)

2496567836_5b7b2866a6.jpg

From the top floor looking up into the elevator mechanical equipment...

2495749267_4e9f3b25d1.jpg

The far-more-scary look down...(about 120m and no guardrail - not for the faint of heart, although they would have already died on the climb up;))

2496575370_d754a2acbf_b.jpg

wow.... very impressive

must have been quite exciting wandering around in there.... not for the faint of heart indeed

I suppose you expect us to bail you out when you get busted..... ping pong, croquet and frisbee golf are far less dangerous hobbies.

Actually, I did get busted. On my way out a guard confronted me but I told him that I bought a unit in the building (I hadn't) and we ended up talking for awhile. He seemed like an interesting character with a comprehensive, if self taught, view of architecture and urbanism. We both agreed that while Cityplace does have its flaws, it will probably succeed in the long run.

Nice shots ProjectEnd! What's your impression of the overall build quality so far?

Seemed pretty solid. I'm not sure what the occupancy dates are, but all suites are fully drywalled and most doors are installed. Bathtubs, toilets, showers and sinks are all installed but none had taps or functioning connections. Kitchens seemed pretty much done except for the missing taps and appliances. No floors have been installed in the halls or the suites - just concrete at this point.

Overall I was impressed. Though some of the suites were excessively small, all seemed to use their space well and nearly all had at least one wall of floor-to-ceiling windows. Good views I'm sure! The walls seemed straight and true and doors and handles were a little heavy (read: of good quality).

The architecture on the interior was good and everything had a nice sense of flow. I got a close look at the West One-esque paneling on the side of the tower and the two are pretty similar indicating it isn't just the black base for future brick...

I'm a huge fan of streetwall (especially in areas like Yonge/College) but I wish along this main thoroughfare into the city these buildings had 2, 3 or more setbacks that stepped up to the towers along Spadina. This stretch is just so unwelcoming to me.

And ProjectEnd... nicely done!

Back