News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 745     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

Early July is too early. The vp of Concord Adex said at the Railway lands meeting last week that it would be open around Nov. He might have even said later but I don't remember exactly. It's not opening before occupancy begins for Montage/Neo.

Also, the park will begin construction soon and might be finished by the end of the year, but definitely by this time next year. they are still working on the final details with Douglas Coupland, the engineers and all the other players involved. it will have a artificial playing surface instead of grass in one of the sections designated for soccer. Reason being to make better use of the surface for a longer period of time throughtout the year. More details of the park were mentioned but I forgot the exact details.

And yes, the pedestrian bridge to Portland St. is getting built. An agreement was made with GO to allow a bridge with a support column halfway across the tracks. All the people involved (City, GO, Concord, etc.) all gathered in Adam Vaughan's office and Vaughan laid it out and got an agreement. GO's concerns were the height of the bridge over the tracks and construction issues. GO needs the bridge to be high enough above the tracks for when some of the tracks are electrified there is enough space for the wires, poles, conductors, etc. This would put the end of the bridge about 5 feet above street level at Front and Portland so a bit of engineering would be needed somewhere. Both Vaughan and the Concord VP said the bridge will be well designed architecturally and should begin construction when GO begins work on adding a third flyover track. Should be within the year when work begins.

From Pollock Marshall on www.flickr.com

2477767371_0e40ca6cb4_b.jpg

sexy indeed! that slimmer upper section really sets this building apart from the rest of CP and gives the illusion of extra height....

The Roof is finally starting to be put onto the mechnical junk, I'll see if I can get a picture of it with my crumby camera when the sun comes up ...

yes - thats it! if check back several pages I was going on about how great CP looked from Spadina and Bloor... thanks for the evidence!

Back