News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.8K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 570     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Eately will be on the second floor where BMO currently offices. It will have a street front entrance where Jacob was and a concourse level access point as well. I don't think the William Ashley's move is due to Eately specifically (i.e. Eately isn't taking that space). It is more likely that WA is moving to a smaller store and the Manulife Centre would prefer breaking up their current store (24,000 square feet) into a few smaller boutiques. The only open space at the Colonnade is part of the old Sephora spot, which is about 3,900 square feet. WA could be seriously downsizing (a lot of their business is wedding registries) OR the Sephora spot is underneath the 12,000 square foot Herzig Eye Institute. It's possible that there could be a reconfiguration of some of that space, with William Ashley having a main floor entrance where Sephora was which leads to a second floor spot which would over look Victoria college.

Could you see WA taking the second floor of the Colonnade? It's always been underutilised?

I could if they had a Bloor Street main floor entrance with an internal staircase to the second floor. But after seeing on WA website that they are.re.opening Feb 2017 I can't see them doing major construction to the colonnade. Seems likely that WA is downsizing significantly. Though who knows !

I was at WA today to check out the sale and asked about the new location. Apparently, the Sephora spot is a pop-up until their permanent location inside the Colonnade is ready. It's going to be upstairs across from Cartier. Access will be inside. Has anyone heard about any of the stores up there closing shop? I hope La Societe isn't leaving.

Have either Herzig or La Societe said anything about closing/moving, though?

I don't think La Societe is moving or closing. I do suspect that the replacement William Ashley's won't be as big as the current store. There is also small empty retail space through the lobby on the main floor that I could see be incorporated as an entrance to the new WA.

According to city files, looks like Unit 206 (Herzig) is being renovated (which leads me to believe that that is going to be the new WA). The question is what configuration will it be when finalized. Herzig could possibly be consolidating entirely to the 3rd floor which is all smaller office spaces or moving themselves.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 1R1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 16 264514 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 14, 2016

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground floor and unit 206 in existing retail unit.

BA Zoning Review Not Started
Zone 3 Strik, Kyle Contact Info
BA Code Review Pt3 Not Started
Code 3 Krsmanovic, Gordana Contact Info
BA Fire Review Pt3 Not Started
Fire 3 Krsmanovic, Gordana Contact Info

Chanel on Bloor is now closed, and window signage states that it will reopen on Yorkville in Spring 2017.

So I see on RealNet that Scotiabank have sold their building at Bloor and Balmuto for a cool $74m

Who's the buyer?

Not sure - I don't have a subscription.

I will try to find out and will post shortly.

So I see on RealNet that Scotiabank have sold their building at Bloor and Balmuto for a cool $74m

Wowza. I'd be shocked if the buyer isn't also trying to grab the building H&M currently occupies immediately to the east of the Scotiabank site.

I imagine the Scotia purchaser will be looking for some serious height, and you'd have an awfully skinny tower and presumably some not insignificant servicing issues to resolve without getting a little bit more Bloor frontage.

Last edited:
Purchaser is Mappro Realty Inc....$74 million....$4,331/SF. Total building size 17,087 SF.
Has anyone heard of Mappro?

Back