News   Apr 24, 2024
 81     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.9K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 580     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Purchaser is Mappro Realty Inc....$74 million....$4,331/SF. Total building size 17,087 SF.
Has anyone heard of Mappro?

It looks like a service:

Environmental Reports
MapPro, Inc. can provide single environmental regulatory record reports on an "as needed" basis. These reports are typically used for Phase 1 for environmental studies. For more information go to our web site www.mapproenv.com.

We did a little digging for those curious about the William Ashley relocation. We've included floor plans and a description of how the new William Ashley will incorporate The Colonnade's current ground level and second floor common areas: http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2017/1/william-ashley-to-relocate-mink-mile-store

Question re: 19 Bloor St. W. -- is there a possibility that a tower could go on this site? Tall building guidelines suggest 20-25 metre separations, and the site is across the laneway from Uptown Residences/35 Balmuto Street. How strict are tower separation guidelines? Because the price that the woman paid for the site is a considerable amount for just retail potential.

The site area is 78' along Bloor and 110' along Balmuto, totalling about 8,580 square feet.

Last edited:
We did a little digging for those curious about the William Ashley relocation. We've included floor plans and a description of how the new William Ashley will incorporate The Colonnade's current ground level and second floor common areas: http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2017/1/william-ashley-to-relocate-mink-mile-store

Question re: 19 Bloor St. W. -- is there a possibility that a tower could go on this site? Tall building guidelines suggest 20-25 metre separations, and the site is across the laneway from Uptown Residences/35 Balmuto Street. How strict are tower separation guidelines? Because the price that the woman paid for the site is a considerable amount for just retail potential.

19 Bloor is an interesting site, yes, and I'd be surprised if the purchaser isn't also trying to assemble the building immediately to the east (H&M currently), though even there, you're gonna start to run into separation issues with One Bloor West.

I never realized the UGG store in Yorkville closed months ago!

They are pretty strict I think.

IIRC Uptown/Crystal Blu, along with Museumhouse/Exhibit on Bloor, were cited by City Planning as some of the reasons for the tower separation guidelines needing to be created. Would be ironic if a development here were approved that overruled the guideline based on the existing precedent!

There was some chatter in The One thread that there were other developers involved now involved in that tower (beyond Mizrahi). Is it possible (and I'm just spitballing here) that The One ownership group is expanding westward? Just speculation on my part.

Do we know what retailers, other than Nordstrom Rack, are heading to One Bloor?

Do you know where Herzig is going?

I was told that some of it was moving 'near by' (possibly in a building on the same block), and it might possibly also keep its existing third floor space. I didn't quite understand what they were planning (I was more interested in William Ashley) but it sounded like they were separating surgery and other services into separate offices. That came from one of the staff at the front desk, so I can't confirm for sure.

Asuka (Japanese place on Yorkville Ave) has closed, as has South Street Burger (they're moving to the food court in Yorkville Village. However, that's not ready yet).

Asuka (Japanese place on Yorkville Ave) has closed, as has South Street Burger (they're moving to the food court in Yorkville Village. However, that's not ready yet).

Yep - First Capital is preparing for the demolition of that building.

Williams Sonoma is closed now.
IMG_0552.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 385
I did not realize Mideastro Yorkville closed. I walked by today and saw that it was papered up. I'm not too surprised - the location is on a very quiet part of the block.

Too bad. I had a couple of excellent dinners there… but the name was not appealing, and probably stopped a lot of people from considering the place over the years. When you don't pay as much attention to your name as you do other things, you imperil your future as much as you might with poor service.

Back