News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 644     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Go to any mall if you want Apple. Why do we want Bloor to look like a suburban shopping mall? Nothing wrong with Stollery's other than it just needs fixing up. Even if it did close, this location would be a perfect spot for a high store like Barney's, RL or a Ermenegildo Zegna flagship store.

I agree - but remy's is kinda lame and looks like its stuck in the seventies.

Either way its nice to see Yorkville and Bloor remaining as the place to go for flagship stores - keeping Yorkdale as branch boutiques. Its also interesting to see other high-end stores straying off Bloor..

As Flip said, It would be a loss to Yorkville if it were to close. If Yorkville is going to start losing its bars and restaurants, the place will be turned into a ghost town by 6pm on a Saturday night, like Oak St in Chicago. What makes Yorkville so unique is the shopping, dining and nightlife.

As Flip said, It would be a loss to Yorkville if it were to close. If Yorkville is going to start losing its bars and restaurants, the place will be turned into a ghost town by 6pm on a Saturday night, like Oak St in Chicago. What makes Yorkville so unique is the shopping, dining and nightlife.

That assumes that no new bars have opened in the area. This is untrue - look at the Oxley, which has an amazing back and front patio as well as One. Remy's (which has a great patio - I agree) may no longer belong in what Yorkville is morphing into...

This whole thing may be moot - but my point - I'd rather see a different restauranteur take advantage of Remy's patio - the food is horrible and the green velvet seats on the main floor haven't been hip since Trudeau was PM. IMO :)

We were told Kate Spade will have a 4000 square foot 'street front presence' here (the building will be 4Ksf), so Remy's will likely be closing at 115 Yorkville. We were also told by Kate Spade (the company, not Kate herself) that it will be their 'Canadian flagship store'.

We'll be posting an article about the store Thursday. We'll credit androiduk for the excellent research, since we don't regularly get on the City of Toronto website to get updated on developments. We'll try to do that more often.

And prosperegal, we love your publications and comments! :)

Thanks! :)

By the way, to those who think Kate Spade is opening at the old Hugo Boss location - that, along with most of the Old York Lane shops have a Cumberland address, I think (well, Augustina, anyway).

Also, are we SURE that Brooks Brothers is taking over both the old Escada location and the Moon pop-up? Because there's a huge "for lease" sign at Moon.

By the way, to those who think Kate Spade is opening at the old Hugo Boss location - that, along with most of the Old York Lane shops have a Cumberland address, I think (well, Augustina, anyway).

Also, are we SURE that Brooks Brothers is taking over both the old Escada location and the Moon pop-up? Because there's a huge "for lease" sign at Moon.

http://www.cushwake.com/cwmbs2q12/pdf/retail_toronto_2q12.pdf

scroll down... unless they backed out - they booked 15,000 square feet of space.
Other option would be that the landlord is re-configuring the lobby area (the Nike access point)

Brooks Brothers is definitely taking over the old Escada (according to Cushman and Wakefield's Q2 2012 retail report http://www.cushwake.com/cwmbs3q12/pdf/retail_toronto_2q12.pdf). The address is 110 and the square footage seems to make sense.
I'm not sure about Moon though. That could be something else.

Miu Miu boutique has opened in Holts - small but very stylish.

As for the comments on the whether Kate Spade is taking over Remy's, would love to have Kate Spade in Yorkville but would prefer that the Remy's location as a restaurant - its such a prime spot. Its beyond me that the owners of Remy's won't invest and update the decor and the quality of the food.

In a devastating blow to my waistline, Prairie Girl Cupcakes is opening a third location in the courtyard behind the church at Bloor & Avenue, beside the HSBC.

In a devastating blow to my waistline, Prairie Girl Cupcakes is opening a third location in the courtyard behind the church at Bloor & Avenue, beside the HSBC.

Isn't this a replacement for their second location? I think they closed one of their shops earlier last year.

Van Cleef & Arpels is definitely only a shop-in-shop - no street presence.
The Moon pop-up now shows 'Leased', which is likely Brooks Brothers taking over that and Escada.
Anyone have an idea who's taking the old Betsy Johnson? There's ongoing work inside.

113 Yorkville has been leased as has the old Piquadro at 1286 Bay St. Not sure who's going into either.

When I google 113 Yorkville it says that it's the site of Anti-Hero...did they close?

There have been those long-satnding rumours that Agent Provocateur was supposed to move into the Regency, so that would be pretty cool if they took over the old Piquadro spot. That stretch always seemed a bit dead, but I'm assuming now with the Four Seasons open that has changed somewhat?

Has the addition to the building that houses the old Betsey Johnson been completed yet?

When I google 113 Yorkville it says that it's the site of Anti-Hero...did they close?

There have been those long-satnding rumours that Agent Provocateur was supposed to move into the Regency, so that would be pretty cool if they took over the old Piquadro spot. That stretch always seemed a bit dead, but I'm assuming now with the Four Seasons open that has changed somewhat?

Has the addition to the building that houses the old Betsey Johnson been completed yet?

Anti-Hero is still open. I think 113 was also a restaurant. They still seem to be building the addition to old Betsy Johnson spot, but it doesn't say who's leased the space. I can't find the building permit application on the city of Toronto website.

Yah, Agent Provocateur has had several rumoured locations. That would be a good spot for them I think, as well as the old Betsy Johnson.

So the old Piquadro spot is becoming a tanning salon. Brutal! What a waste of space.
If I see another dentist, dry cleaner or salon of any kind open up in prime retail spots in Yorkville I'm going to scream.

Back