News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 479     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

I can only assume you're joking. Please let Jacob be the next to leave!

I'm all for mid-range retailers on Bloor. That's why 5th Avenue and the Mag Mile are so successful. Most of the public can't afford just the expensive stores. What will bring more people to Bloor St is adding flagship mid-range retailers

I'm all for mid-range retailers on Bloor. That's why 5th Avenue and the Mag Mile are so successful. Most of the public can't afford just the expensive stores. What will bring more people to Bloor St is adding flagship mid-range retailers

Should be more of a higher end mid-range. Maybe J.Crew if it isn't taking over the current Gap Kids spot. Or, maybe something higher end like Tory Burch or Kate Spade?

Should be more of a higher end mid-range. Maybe J.Crew if it isn't taking over the current Gap Kids spot. Or, maybe something higher end like Tory Burch or Kate Spade?

Totally agree with that sentiment. Le Chateau is not the mid-range store that should be on Bloor. Also 5th Ave and the Mag Mile are much longer streets, so until Bloor's boundaries stretch beyond Yonge and Avenue, retailers like Winners, FCUK, Jacob, etc are out of place. I actually think they're out of place no matter how far Bloor's retail stretches.

I"m all for a mix of midrange and highend stores on Bloor too - agree will keep the street vibrant, with smaller independent boutiques in Yorkville. Hopefully the retail element of Bloor 1 will be well done because that could really add much needed space and contribute to the vibrancy of Bloor street at that end. I think JCrew would want bigger space than what FCUK has. But I really do wish they would find a location on Bloor. Dissappointed too to see Ports close -they've been around for ages. And I'm dissappointed Stuart Weitzman is taking the spot - I think we already have a lot of shoe stores on Bloor. I remember going to their Eaton store location and didn't find much different from what was already out there at other stores like Holts, the Bay, Browns etc. Anyways it will be interesting to see how Bloor Street will evolve. Hopefully the economy gets better too because that will stimulate development. I remember the last recession in the early 90s and Bloor was just shutttered - it was so depressing. I really don't want to see that happen.

I"m all for a mix of midrange and highend stores on Bloor too - agree will keep the street vibrant, with smaller independent boutiques in Yorkville. Hopefully the retail element of Bloor 1 will be well done because that could really add much needed space and contribute to the vibrancy of Bloor street at that end. I think JCrew would want bigger space than what FCUK has. But I really do wish they would find a location on Bloor. Dissappointed too to see Ports close -they've been around for ages. And I'm dissappointed Stuart Weitzman is taking the spot - I think we already have a lot of shoe stores on Bloor. I remember going to their Eaton store location and didn't find much different from what was already out there at other stores like Holts, the Bay, Browns etc. Anyways it will be interesting to see how Bloor Street will evolve. Hopefully the economy gets better too because that will stimulate development. I remember the last recession in the early 90s and Bloor was just shutttered - it was so depressing. I really don't want to see that happen.

I don't think it will. Bloor is doing well, isn't it? Spots that are slated to close (or have closed) have mostly been rented out (except for the old MAC spot, which seems to be cursed). As for Stuart Weitzman, I don't mind. We don't have a branded shoe store on Bloor, only places that sell a variety of different lines and at different price points. I like Stuart - they're my go-to shoe line thanks to the wide range of sizing (I have very small feet. I can pretty much guarantee a size 5 (sometimes even 4 1/2) there) and their public trunk shoes so one can pre-order.

I don't think it will. Bloor is doing well, isn't it? Spots that are slated to close (or have closed) have mostly been rented out (except for the old MAC spot, which seems to be cursed). As for Stuart Weitzman, I don't mind. We don't have a branded shoe store on Bloor, only places that sell a variety of different lines and at different price points. I like Stuart - they're my go-to shoe line thanks to the wide range of sizing (I have very small feet. I can pretty much guarantee a size 5 (sometimes even 4 1/2) there) and their public trunk shoes so one can pre-order.

It's true, Bloor as a entire street does very well. I don't have any strong feelings towards Stuart Weitzman one way or another. The space isn't big enough for a clothing retailer flagship so footwear was probably the most logical and appropriate result. I agree, re MAC though. Something's up with that space. It's been rumoured to be everything from Links to Bulgari, to Longchamp, to Roberto Coin. No one seems to be able to confirm anything and it's been vacant for a couple of years now. Weird.

Don't know if this is good or neutral but the 'For Lease' signs have come off the windows of the old MAC spot. The one over the door is still there but this to me means there has been some development.

On the lower level of the Manulife Centre a new luxury ogranic soap store has opened (forget the name - never heard of it) - where the old smelly cheese place (forget the name too) and the Belguim chocolate place used to be. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Miss the smelly cheese place.

The space is still available. The agent dropped this asking rent. Whats going on with Uggs?

Is that confirmed? Why remove the lease signs just for a drop in asking rent? What do you mean about UGGS? Is there a lease sign?

On the lower level of the Manulife Centre a new luxury ogranic soap store has opened (forget the name - never heard of it) - where the old smelly cheese place (forget the name too) and the Belguim chocolate place used to be. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Miss the smelly cheese place.

The organic soap/skincare place is called Gratiae.

The space is still available. The agent dropped this asking rent. Whats going on with Uggs?

There doesn't appear to be anything going on with UGGS. It looks the same as it did a month ago so I'm not sure what you're referring to to be honest.
Still not convinced old MAC isn't leased either. The signs are still down but if you can confirm that the agent only lowered the asking price, that would be appreciated.

Hording for the new Tiffany's store is now up

tiffany.jpg

Last edited:

Back