News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 450     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

How could a tanning salon pay the high rent in this neighborhood ??

The rates on Bay Street drop SIGNIFICANTLY from Bloor and are probably even less than Yorkville, Bellair and Cumberland. The Regency was looking for only $75-80 a square foot. To put that in perspective - here are some other street-front rents in Toronto:

Bloor Street between Yonge Street and Avenue Road: $300 per square foot

Queen Street West between John Street and Spadina Avenue: $100-$140 per square foot

Yonge Street between Eglinton Avenue and Lawrence Avenue, north corridor: $70 per square foot

There are tanning salons on Yonge between Eglinton and Lawrence.

It's just really disappointing to see something other than proper retail move into the area. The fact that tanning salons are even expanding is strange, but that's a whole other conversation. Even though the old MAC spot still doesn't appear to have any action, I'd rather the agent hold out and not let it go to some BS tenant that adds nothing to the neighbourhood.

There are a lot of vacancies on Yonge between Eglinton and Lawrence ... I think rates should / will drop a little.

I noticed even more on the Yonge (Lawrence -> York Mills) stretch but they leased up quite a bit.

I heard Queen W rates have also been falling, they skyrocketed over the last year, and mainstream retail just didn't pick up as much as some thought it would on the stretch up to Spadina ... haven't walked that stretch in a while, are there still a lot of Vacancies (this summer there were a few).

There are a lot of vacancies on Yonge between Eglinton and Lawrence ... I think rates should / will drop a little.

I noticed even more on the Yonge (Lawrence -> York Mills) stretch but they leased up quite a bit.

I heard Queen W rates have also been falling, they skyrocketed over the last year, and mainstream retail just didn't pick up as much as some thought it would on the stretch up to Spadina ... haven't walked that stretch in a while, are there still a lot of Vacancies (this summer there were a few).

Queen West rents came down a bit a couple of years ago but have started to climb back up, more in line with they probably should have been. There was a hope that large retailers with deep pockets would populate the strip but I for one prefer the way it's gone.

Last I checked, they've already begun work on Stuart Weitzman. Anyone know when they're officially moving in?

Queen West rents came down a bit a couple of years ago but have started to climb back up, more in line with they probably should have been. There was a hope that large retailers with deep pockets would populate the strip but I for one prefer the way it's gone.

Good to hear, yea I like the mix of chain / non chain on Queen W now (and of course west of Spadina its an even more interesting mix).

This is the old Robin Kay/Eleven shop

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5R 1A6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 118218 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 11, 2013

Project: Personal Service Shop Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations basement, ground and second floor of existing building "Bellaire Laser Clinic" (190m2)

This is the old Robin Kay/Eleven shop

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5R 1A6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 118218 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 11, 2013

Project: Personal Service Shop Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations basement, ground and second floor of existing building "Bellaire Laser Clinic" (190m2)

So another freakin' spa of some kind??

I was really blown away last weekend walking through Yorkville at the number of retail vacancies - not only in Hazelton Lanes but on the main streets too. Anyone else notice this alarming trend? any ideas the cause? Did everyone pick-up and head to Yorkdale???

I was really blown away last weekend walking through Yorkville at the number of retail vacancies - not only in Hazelton Lanes but on the main streets too. Anyone else notice this alarming trend? any ideas the cause? Did everyone pick-up and head to Yorkdale???

No, just a lot of changes happening. Most of the spaces on Bloor have been leased (other than the old MAC spot. Cursed, I tell ya!)

By the way, anyone updates on the old Betsey Johnson spot? Looks like only that spot has been leased and not the lower level portion.

Really, last time I walked through Yorkville proper (i.e. not Bloor) the didn't seem like many more vacancies then there were a year ago ?

Not many at all actually which is part of the problem for retailers - never being able to find adequate space on Bloor or Yorkville in general. Transition is good so long as it's not dry cleaners, dentists, and tanning salons.

Maybe he was referring to the Bloor stretch, in which case yes it looks like there are quite a few, but as discussed here many of those are spoken for.

Maybe he was referring to the Bloor stretch, in which case yes it looks like there are quite a few, but as discussed here many of those are spoken for.

Along Yorkville Ave and the within The Lanes there are quite a few new vacancies...

Back