550 Wellington West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

975 sq ft. unit 124 facing wellington.

is that feauture specified on your agreement? or is it just standard? because I remember asking for those shelves at the time of color selection and they told me that it was just decoration on the model suite. Unless they have included it for all the units a while after, not sure

is that feauture specified on your agreement? or is it just standard? because I remember asking for those shelves at the time of color selection and they told me that it was just decoration on the model suite. Unless they have included it for all the units a while after, not sure

i have seen my neighbour's unit and they had shelves as well. I'm not sure if it's specified on my agreement, but I didn't ask for, or pay extra for it. Have you moved in? if you haven't seen your unit yet then I would say you will likely have the shelves.

i have seen my neighbour's unit and they had shelves as well. I'm not sure if it's specified on my agreement, but I didn't ask for, or pay extra for it. Have you moved in? if you haven't seen your unit yet then I would say you will likely have the shelves.

No, I haven't moved in yet, but I was not expecting that, I like it. I will be there on February 16, 9th floor.

Nice pics hemiboy, congratulation to all who bought in here!

I love the lighting in the hallways specially the blue light displaying the unit numbers :)

Thanks SpadinaBus for that helpful advice. The floorplan is too vague to ascertain any definitive width dimension.

This may sound ridiculous, but I feel a major "fiasco" is imminent, or one should happen, to trigger the reboot of the pre-construction, floor plan sales practice. Similar to how airlines (or travel agency websites) are now required by law to quote prices including taxes (as there must have been questionable/misleading practices commonly used to trick buyers in the past), the same needs to happen with advertised floor plans. At the end of the day, the end user, the purchaser, wants to know how much LIVING SPACE they're getting. It should become mandatory to:
1. Post all room dimensions on the floor plan. If not on the actual drawing (i.e. in the bathroom), then at the side;
2. Outline total, actual, interior living space square footage (excluding exterior wall thickness) and separately list balcony/terrace size; and
3. List separately the total architectural square footage that will be included in the registered property, including concrete thickness, electrical box depth, plumbing cavity and whatever other bullshit void 99% of people don't give a crap about.

The onus should not be on the buyer to hire a surveyor to double check whether builders have exceeded the 2% variance in square footage. In this financial transaction, the onus and responsibility should lie on the builder to ensure they build within the 2%, as advertised. Having exact measurements hold builders more accountable, and help purchasers be more informed. How many people probably never check or know whether they've been considerably screwed?

Hey GREY what's your take on all of this nonsense,.. ;)

Last edited:
What I find more interesting is the view.... Aka, that view will soon be gone I think with 2 more condos taking up those lots (across the street, and between Zed and Niagara loft building.) Good positioning for a rental unit then.... but $1500/month rent?

and also the future developement by Context at the N/E corner of Front/Bathurst ...

$1500/m sounds about right for 1 bedroom of that size.

What I find more interesting is the view.... Aka, that view will soon be gone I think with 2 more condos taking up those lots (across the street, and between Zed and Niagara loft building.) Good positioning for a rental unit then.... but $1500/month rent?

View is not that important in Freed buildings and king west area in general. All these buildings are low rise towers with limited view and actually residents put more attention to interior finishes and location. $1500 is right for the location and unit size

View is not that important in Freed buildings and king west area in general. All these buildings are low rise towers with limited view and actually residents put more attention to interior finishes and location. $1500 is right for the location and unit size

In fact, this is probably one of the better views at 550 Wellington. Almost the entire Stewart St. side and most of the lower units on Wellington have views that are fairly obstructed.

Is there already something proposed for the Lot between Zed and 20 Niagara?

In fact, this is probably one of the better views at 550 Wellington. Almost the entire Stewart St. side and most of the lower units on Wellington have views that are fairly obstructed.

Is there already something proposed for the Lot between Zed and 20 Niagara?

There are obviously no views on most of Stewart side of building. On Wellington side, we have the Park. No one is building in the park. As to the lot, it is odd in size, may have missed their opportunity to be part of other buildings, and probably will remain a parking lot for a while. Not sure that is a plus in any case.
The rent for that unit, considering its sq. footage is about right, maybe even a touch low, but it does not have parking and also no locker.
All in all, having a forever park in front of us is a plus that is a blessing.

the park was a big selling point for me, and its no coincidence that stewart exposed units sold/are selling for much cheaper than wellington side.

update: my heat still doesn't work.

Back