News   May 21, 2024
 38     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

20060619 Construction Update - Met, Spire, RoCP

Great Update Cassiusa.

I think the biggest surprise is the Met. I never gave much thought of how it was turning out, but now that I've seen the development so far, Im liking how it is turning out.

Rocp should look good, and the windows normally look bluer when you see it in person. I think the roof will make or break the building.

Spire's yellow panels are awkward looking, but since they're hardly noticeable from a distance, it more or less just breaks up the look of the buildings skin.

im loving the way met is turning out. to really appreciate it you need to go east on carlton a bit, closer to sherbourne (or even parliament, now that its getting some height). it performs its role as a view terminus admirably, and it blocks out a significant portion of maclean-hunter's big boring box. once tower two goes up i think the carlton canyon may just become the second best in the city, beaten out only by bay south of queen.

i'm crossing my fingers for that little midrise that used to house the harvey's to get redeveloped into a 20s mixed use building, and i'd also love for the CIBC at church/carlton to get the King's Court treatment.

once tower two goes up i think the carlton canyon may just become the second best in the city, beaten out only by bay south of queen.

I'd put it at third. Number one would be King from Church to Bay.

So wait, has Spire topped out yet? I was just walking through that great King canyon of Ed's, and I couldn't tell what to make of what was going on up top.

Adma re: stump: ouch!

To me, Yonge north of Front is the best canyon in the city, and now with the much maligned One King West on the skyline the view down Yonge from Dundas Square is another great canyon. Seems more and more of them are developing in the city.

Saw them sanding the underside of the Spire balconies this afternoon. Painting or not?

Painting the underside of Spire's balconies has begun. Using white paint. Also, steel frames for ground level cladding is up.

Back