Met
IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Great update, thanks!

Spire's a real beauty, but I don't know what to make of those yellow panels. They disappear in the distance. It's kind of a go-big-or-go-home kind of deal. You just have to go for it. Like, if it's game 7 of the Stanley Cup, and you're down 2-1 with a minute and a half left in the third, it's time to pull the goalie and... never mind.

For instance - and I know I keep coming back to this - but look at the red and yellow railings on the Met. Can't we keep them? I think that looks great, but of course drab railings are going to take their place, and the building will disappear into that grey streetwall it's building.

"look at the red and yellow railings on the Met. Can't we keep them?"

Well, I wouldn't want those particular railings...

Well, no. That would be more "third world construction site" than "Amsterdam chic." But still...

I am amazed how fast Met got off the ground and at how decent it is looking (the window cladding looks like a grade above what is being put on other buildings).

Spire looks great although I am not sure that it will look as good as 18 Yorkville (I am not a fan of the yellow panels and the precast building at its base).

Thanks for the pics.

Thanks for the update cassius.

I wish they could have use a little bit of limestone for the ground floor at the Met - it would play nicely against the Hydro building on the opposite side of the street.

AoD

Spire is going to look absolutely amazing when done. I expect that the attention that has been paid to Clewes' 18 Yorkville will be bested by this one when it is complete.The ribbing created by the glass balconies is looking simply great, and the sheer extent of the repetition (over 40 floors) will give it an iconic presence. Wow.

Now that RoCP has a hat on top, it is veering toward somewhat majestic too.

And The Met is looking better every day.

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

There's something about the top of RoCP I dont really like. I think the green on rhe sides looks somewhat similar to the material on One King West. ack.

Thanks for the update, cassius. Those projects are all lookin' good.

I'm a big fan of RoCP (less the base), I hope the roof treatment comes out well. The Met is exceeding my expectations but the biggest surprise for me is Spire. I wasn't much of a fan but as it goes up it's winning me over, nicely done so far.
Great photos cassiusa, thank you.

Spire looks fantastic. The balcony undersides don't even bug me as they seem to bug some forumers.

The converging perspective effect of the balconies on Spire make it look as though it's going to twist and topple into the street when you look East along Adelaide.

There's something about the top of RoCP I dont really like. I think the green on rhe sides looks somewhat similar to the material on One King West. ack.

Both were bright blue in the renderings, and both wound up faintly minty...

Nice pictures Cassius, but where's the stump? Jeeze!

"Where's the stump" is the question Sir Paul McCartney's got this habit of asking every morning, nowadays...

Back