News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 528     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That big blank wall is goign to suck when walking/driving on this street pictured, or walking/driving north on Yonge towards Bloor.
This podium just flat out sucks compared to the other designs. It's still nice, but just not nearly as good.

Is that west wall really going to be chequered like that, or is it an embellishment meant to fool buyers?

DSCN1446.jpg

I wonder if it's possible for them to build the tower without all those exterior pillars along the perimeter of the building?

Eliminating them would open up the sidewalk and give a cleaner exterior look to the whole project at least on street-level.

I wonder if it's possible for them to build the tower without all those exterior pillars along the perimeter of the building?

Eliminating them would open up the sidewalk and give a cleaner exterior look to the whole project at least on street-level.

Ya those columns look awful.

Pillars are "in". You see, some of them are even topsy-turvy like OCAD. Alsop; now, he da man

Pillars are "in". You see, some of them are even topsy-turvy like OCAD. Alsop; now, he da man

Well, it depends on how it's done. It can either look cool like Alsop's creations, or look like shit like 1121 Bay.

elevn21_art.jpg

DSCN1455.jpg

Is that west wall really going to be chequered like that, or is it an embellishment meant to fool buyers?

Ganja, if you're asking about the above pic, that west wall is actually the east wall, or south if you're looking at the short side. I certainly hope the hotel portion will have those staggered glass panels.

Blank walls have their places and can very often look good as part of a busier design. However, I do admit this city tends to suck at it. Can't use cheap materials, IMO

I42, I was actually wondering about the chequered pattern on this pic... I assume it's the west wall. It looks quite nice; little details like this (and the pic you posted) will prevent this develop from being just another box.

DSCN1446.jpg

I42, I was actually wondering about the chequered pattern on this pic... I assume it's the west wall. It looks quite nice; little details like this (and the pic you posted) will prevent this develop from being just another box.

DSCN1446.jpg

I believe that pattern is supposed to emulate the effect of exterior balcony sliding doors units will have (assuming some are closed, some are open, etc.).

Regarding the base, isn't there supposed to be quite a bit of retail going there? The base in the model looks like it's just supposed to be there for show. I can't imagine the retail will be covered by that many pillars.

I believe that pattern is supposed to emulate the effect of exterior balcony sliding doors units will have (assuming some are closed, some are open, etc.).

I thought they were patterns in the glass panels (different shades)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back