News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 412     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope your not talking about me K

When the ED sign goes up will see who is talking shit. He just a kid who repeats what he reads in the papers and what his friends tell him.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand the appeal of the lanai balcony in some of these units. Are they essentially solariums?

People with older condos in this city have been spending money to get rid of these things, which essentially consume square footage without offering outdoor space, or pretty much anything of use, to the habitant. And in a place like 1 BE, won't they end up diminishing the effect of the panoramic views from many of these places?

Am I just not understanding what these lanais will end up being?

We bought one of these older condos with a solarium. You're right, it is a waste of space. You can't use it as a bedroom, it's too bright for an office, and it is too far from the kitchen to use as a dining room. Right now, I use it as a library/green space. I'd much rather have it as a balcony, to be honest. Unfortunately I'm sure the condo rules would prevent us from taking some of the glass panels off.

I think 1BE is making a mistake in having these "enclosed" balconies. I doubt you can remove the glass panes, so you essentially end up with a solarium.

my take of the Lanai is a solarium but with large panels of windows/glass that you can actually slide open (unlike typical small windows that are operatable in a condo), effectively creating a porch/breezeway space for the unit ... but can't say I like the Lanai idea

And I suppose "relaxing" on an open balcony 70 stories above street level would be considerably more difficult. I wouldn't call myself afraid of heights, but an open glass balcony that's almost as high as a CN Tower observation level seems a little frightening. There's got to be some pretty crazy wind at that height, I imagine.

But that's why I would probably rather just have a large panoramic view all around my place than a view partially blocked by a lanai.

there are also open glass balconies on all floors of 1BE (facing north and south) in addition to the Lanai ... haha just to cater to those who want to be blown over by crazy winds~

And I suppose "relaxing" on an open balcony 70 stories above street level would be considerably more difficult. I wouldn't call myself afraid of heights, but an open glass balcony that's almost as high as a CN Tower observation level seems a little frightening.

I take it you didn't order the "glass floor" option on your 1BE balcony?

And I suppose "relaxing" on an open balcony 70 stories above street level would be considerably more difficult. I wouldn't call myself afraid of heights, but an open glass balcony that's almost as high as a CN Tower observation level seems a little frightening. There's got to be some pretty crazy wind at that height, I imagine.

Considering what some people paid for a unit up there, this might be the only excitement available to them for a while.

If I did buy there, I don't think either me or my neighbours below would appreciate the glass floor option.:)

Noooo my eyes!! my eyes !!!

hopefully it wasn't THAT type of open glass balcony :D

August 26th

Probably been asked already, but which building is that behind the Xerox building that is u/c?

That's BSN, and the blue crane to the right is Casa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back