News   May 03, 2024
 572     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 367     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 204     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

Funny how without trees, Neo looked like a maximum-security prison. But now that the trees have leaves on them, it looks like a nice peaceful place to live. :rolleyes:

They're walking to go look at some graffiti where that path ends, and then look through the fence to see the progress being made on the continuation of the path through the north linear park. You should check it out sometime to see it for yourself

Seriously speaking though, where did that path go long before cityplace came along?

Seriously speaking though, where did that path go long before cityplace came along?

To tell you the truth I'm not too sure. Considering it's the railway lands, there probably wasn't a path there that long before City Place arrived. If anything, the path lead to nowhere in particular, except the old golf course that was there just prior to City Place.

I think it's something that was done in the early 90s, not long after the Skydome was built. There's an old railway monument and a plaque somewhere around there. Also, the concrete sidewalk slabs probably have a date stamp on them.

The railway monument there is dedicated to the Chinese workers who worked on the railroad. Good point about the date stamp, didn't think about that.

cityplace3.jpg

cityplace2.jpg

cityplace.jpg

Thanks for those shots Deep End - they underscore for me how important it was to make Neo a slab. I used to poopoo slabs outright, I suppose because we have so many 1950-60s-70s-80s brick-faced "commie" slabs all over town, but CityPlace has proven that too many point towers is urban planning treachery too. I am looking forward to more of CityPlace west - its podiums and more inventive designs should really improve the area, and am also hoping that the redesign of CityPlace's ultimately-tall Signature tower on the east side of Spadina brings a strong horizontality via a massive podium, or hell, make it a huge glassy slab too, the biggest in the city.

I was driving along the Gardiner yesterday slowly enough to see that many residents are already using their balconies as storage lockers. If the crap on their balconies is anything like what's inside, I'm concerned.
Is there precident for projects like Cityplace to force renters to clean up their act? Glad bargage bags, broken wicker chairs, laundry hampers - this greatly dimishes the appearance of the building and ultimately property values.

No there isn't and there couldn't ever be, as it is their property. I use mine for storage sometimes too, Nothing more than a bike and some chairs, but its easier then going down to the locker sometimes. The only time the condo corp could impose rules against having your belongings on the balconies, would be when something could endanger the building or other residents health or well being.

Cheers!

I'm not sure I agree, but am too lazy to confirm. I have lived in buildings where there were clear rules about window coverings for example. In those cases you could be forbidden from using shower curtains, tin foil, cardboard boxes or bedsheets as curtains.

Likewise most condos consider balconies to be common space and you are not allowed to fundamentally alter its look.

So I dont see why there wouldn't be rules against hanging laundry out to dry on th balcony (definately forbidden in my condo) or using it to stack 50 boxes.

It all depends on the contract signed at purchase.

(I hope you bike is nicely painted) :D

Went on a bit of a City Place rampage yesterday while waiting for my bike to get fixed at Dukes. This was the first time I've had a lot of time to walk around the 'neighbourhood' in nice weather and take it in. I took some photos:

2521632868_0659025dae_b.jpg

2520816661_283b20d2b7_b.jpg

2520820727_93a357d83c_b.jpg

2520824337_d136479b32_b.jpg

2521676796_c7f1f69a82_b.jpg

2521678272_7496bb747c_b.jpg

2521683824_9cf7210f9d_b.jpg

2520826039_160fb71b3b_b.jpg

I really can't see them putting an LCBO here now that there's one just a few blocks away at King.

I mean, I would love it if they did, and I'm sure it would do well, however the monopoly that is the LCBO doesn't seem to interested in serving customers well.

Back