As summer temperatures fell on Toronto in full force this past July the city came to a crawl; everyone began walking a little bit slower on the streets, reflected in the slowdown we see annually in the announcement of new projects. While Toronto’s big shot developers left the city for some rest and relaxation up north we here at UrbanToronto searched high and low to bring you the latest news in both the real estate and transportation sectors. This past July saw continued interest in key projects from the past few years, as well as attention paid to more recently announced developments. Let’s take a look at what caught your interest over the past month.
Top 10 Forum Threads
Toronto’s biggest projects continue to see the most activity within our forums; L Tower was the most active forum page, coinciding with the building approaching its final height and the arrival of cladding on the lower floors.
- L Tower and Sony Centre
- Trump International Hotel and Tower
- Ice Condos at York Centre
- Waterlink at Pier 27
- One Bloor East
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences
- Ten York
- 300 Front Street West
Top 10 News Stories
We reported on a variety of stories throughout the month, with a new installment of transit-focused articles by Jonathan English sparking some pretty interesting conversation. Our number one story was the report on the newly labeled Hotel X at Exhibition Place.
- Hotel in the Garden Receives a New Name and a New Design
- The CityRail Concept: Real Regional Rail for the GTA
- Fate of 11 Wellesley Street West “Green Space” Comes to the Fore
- Work Progressing at Stations on the Spadina Subway Extension
- Atrium on Bay Receives Approval for 4 Additional Floors of Retail
- Loretto College Unveils Ambitious Plans for 40-Storey Building at 70 St. Mary
- Photo of the Day: Midtown’s Skyline
- The OneCity Plan and the Shifting Transit Landscape
- Demolition of 56 Blue Jays Way for Future Bisha Hotel and Residences
- Urban Capital’s River City Marks the Start of a New Toronto Neighbourhood
Top 10 DataBase Pages
As always, our database serves as a comprehensive source on a number of development projects throughout the GTA. E Condos, with its eye catching project renderings, topped off as the most visited database listing last month.
- E Condos
- 50 Bloor Street West
- 101 Erskine Condos
- RBC Waterpark Place III
- One Bloor East
- 16 York
- Bisha Hotel and Residences
- Ice Condominiums at York Centre