News   Apr 26, 2024
 129     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 413     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

What isn't clear in the announcement is whether the second store is another Ann Taylor or a LOFT (formerly Ann Taylor LOFT) - their more affordable line. If the other store is LOFT, then it'll probably be at Yorkdale too.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Just a BTW (I wish I took a picture)... underneith the skylight in front of TOUS is a new locker system for your cell phone... Basically for free it allows you to put your cell phone in a locker and charge. Then you can go pick up your cell phone when its done. Its kinda cool for my Blackberry battery which is always in the red.

LOFT is confirmed, so I'm wondering if that means the Ann Taylor brand itself will be opening in Yorkdale as well, or just Eaton Centre. Or if it really means a total of four stores will be opening between the two malls.

http://www.thestar.com/living/fashi...-loft-coming-to-yorkdale-shopping-centre?bn=1

U.S. brand Loft coming to Yorkdale Shopping Centre

The parent company of U.S. retailer Ann Taylor is bringing yet another of its brands north of the border.

Loft, a division of Ann Inc., is slated to launch its first Canadian location in late 2012 at Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto.

The announcement comes just weeks after Ann Taylor announced its first international locations would open in Toronto this fall. One of the locations will be at the Eaton Centre, reports Toronto Life. The second location is yet to be confirmed.

Loft was founded in 1998, and offers a range of feminine fashions including sweaters, skirts, denim and dresses, along with shoes, accessories and maternity wear.

“Canada represents a natural step as we move to expand internationally, and we are excited to open our first store outside the U.S. in such a vibrant city like Toronto,†brand president Gary Muto said in a statement on Wednesday.

The forthcoming arrivals of both Loft and Ann Taylor continue the ongoing succession of U.S. and international chains entering the Canadian marketplace.

J.Crew, Express, Marshalls, Intermix and Tory Burch have all opened bricks-and-mortar locations in Canada. The Hudson’s Bay Co. acquired Canadian franchise rights for Topshop and Topman, opening the first store for the British fast-fashion chains in Toronto last October.

U.S. discount retailer Target is slated to launch in Canada in 2013.

LOFT is confirmed, so I'm wondering if that means the Ann Taylor brand itself will be opening in Yorkdale as well, or just Eaton Centre. Or if it really means a total of four stores will be opening between the two malls.

http://www.thestar.com/living/fashi...-loft-coming-to-yorkdale-shopping-centre?bn=1

If I had to guess I'd say both will be opening in both malls. In the US malls I have visited I have always seen both stores, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the same arrangement at Yorkdale and Eaton Centre.

Yorkdale is set to announce all 40 new retailers next week. Looking forward to it.

From the press release: Yorkdale's 145,000 square foot expansion to showcase leading brands

Iconic and innovative brands Ted Baker London, kate spade new york, Tesla Motors and Ann Taylor are among those entering the Canadian market with flagship stores in Yorkdale's new retail expansion. Other notable new stores include Diesel, Wilfred Boutique, the North Face, an exclusive Rolex boutique at Raffi Jewellers, Ta-ze and Joey Restaurants. Holt Renfrew, Lacoste and Club Monaco will have refurbished and larger locations within the expansion. LOFT will open in an existing space in late 2012.

Mango has now closed.

According to retail insider, the new Sherway Holts store will be 102,000 sq. ft. This is larger than the Yorkdale store. Plus Harry Rosen is expanding in Sherway - not to mention the addition of Nordstrom.

http://www.retail-insider.com/

Back