News   Apr 19, 2024
 932     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 671     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

York Gardens Town Homes (346 Jarvis, 4s)

April 4th Update

Mods: Can this thread be renamed something like "346 Jarvis Town Homes"?

Sorry the photos aren't a bit better. I wanted to get some closeup shots and stitch them together, which didn't work out so well.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Application notice -

Last edited:
They should have used larger windows in the units that only have a south view. Other than that, the development blends in nicely with the surroundings.

Given we're talking about a "heritage-sensitive" location of sorts, don't think the blending-in wasn't "mandated" by shotgun, though...

Given we're talking about a "heritage-sensitive" location of sorts, don't think the blending-in wasn't "mandated" by shotgun, though...

The fellow I was chatting with a couple of weeks ago (post #65) made a point of mentioning that he picked the brick to blend in with the two buildings on either side, and asked what I thought of it. He was very pleased with himself. I was offered a tour so I'll try to get over there one day this week with my camera and see what other information I can get. He also said they were rebuilding the units at the end that burned down a year or so back but that isn't in the application.

May 8th Update

Mods: Can we change the name of this thread again? This project is confirmed as "York Gardens" @ 346 Jarvis Street.

Their website is www.yorkgardens.com however it currently redirects to a different site, which is dead.

I spoke with the same fellow today, the Site Supervisor. He gave me a whole bunch of information some of which I didn't understand or forgot. Some brief details I remember are that they are prepping to pour slabs in the basements (garages?), how they couldn't find sewer hookups, that drywall is going up inside etc. Four units will be completed first, and then two more will be rebuilt at the west end of the property which is the area that burned down in November of 2007 and had to be demolished.

Prices are in the mid to high 600's for 2 or 3 bedrooms/3 baths, 1700-2200 sq. ft., 4 levels, rooftop terrace & 1 car garage.

That's a pretty tight lane ... just a couple of feet wider than the jeep.
I'm surprised it's legal.

June 2nd Update

Work has begun on rebuilding the remaining two townhomes at the end of the lane which burned down a couple of years ago.

City Planning Final Report

This finally puts an END to the project ... the final Draft Plan of Condominium application (which leads to condominium registration) :)

For consideration by Toronto and East York Community Council on Sept 15/09:

The application for a common elements condominium proposes a private common walkway under which facilities (i.e. hydro, gas, and cable) to be shared by six freehold town houses will be located on the lands municipally known as 346 Jarvis Street. The application is required to provide legal access to the individual townhouse units and to ensure the ongoing shared ownership and maintenance of the common elements.

The requested exemption from the Part Lot Control provisions of the Planning Act is required in order to permit the creation of six separate conveyable townhouse lots and two lots that will be used for occupant parking. In addition, this report recommends that the owner of the lands be required to register a Section 118 Restriction under the Land Titles Act agreeing not to
convey or mortgage any part of the lands without the prior consent of the Chief Planner or his designate.

This report reviews and recommends approval of the Draft Plan of Common Elements Condominium and approval of the application to lift Part Lot Control.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-21946.pdf

Last edited:

Back