News   Jul 15, 2024
 566     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 730     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 596     0 

York Gardens Town Homes (346 Jarvis, 4s)

Can't say I've been up close and personal but I honestly don't see anything shoddy about it. You just don't see alot of ICFs in Toronto given the additional costs compared to stick construction

I haven't been past the site since the time of the fire though.

Can't say I've been up close and personal but I honestly don't see anything shoddy about it. You just don't see alot of ICFs in Toronto given the additional costs compared to stick construction

+1.

The fact that it has been abandoned, is the only thing shoddy about it.

Here is a picture from the very first post by Canadian National. This looks like shoddy workmanship to me

eyesore1.jpg

March 10th Update

I spoke to whom I believe is the Site Foreman, a really nice guy. He stated that they are working to finish the first three townhomes first, then continue with the remaining 3 units. I believe the last two units at the end of the lane were the one's which burned down last year. The fellow was saying the existing structure was a mess; doors and windows out of alignment, windows installed backward etc. I do like the choice of brick, it fits in with nearby buildings well. None of the units have been sold yet which I found peculiar. Rentals perhaps?

Click on the thumbnail to view images then click on the image to expand to full size

Last edited:
I None of the units have been sold yet which I found peculiar. Rentals perhaps?

I think that some of the units WERE sold by the original developer, he went bankrupt so I suspect they lapsed at that time. The site was then for sale for ages and then the last section caught fire - which was hardly likely to attract new (or old) buyers.

Someone call Mike Holmes. This mess is good for at least five television episodes.

Here is a picture from the very first post by Canadian National. This looks like shoddy workmanship to me

eyesore1.jpg

Well, that's obviously not the finished product. It's hard to say at what stage the contstruction was stopped, but that door frame was just left there as its not anchored to the wall.

Can't say much about the reversed windows. :D

March 12 Update

Taken from the east side of the street today
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size

This is turning out to look really good! The brick is a perfect match for the brick used on the historic building to the north (almost looks like it came from the same batch). The workmanship shows real attention to detail with stone ledges and keystones. I hope that they will carry the brick all the way to the top of the gables. We will soon have to change to the title of this thread to remove the word "eyesore".

I mentioned this building to a civ eng : apparently concrete-poured-in foam is up and coming. It is sturdier than it looks, and insulates at the same time.

What a quick change.

March18th-09018.jpg

Nope, this pic is not showing up. I tried deleting about 25 of my pics on Photbucket, as I was notified I was at my limit but it still didn't help. Does anybody have any suggestions of what I can do to keep posting pics here? Do I need to open a new Photobucket account? How do I get more bandwidth without paying? I don't want to upgrade to pro. I'd appreciate any suggestions, as I am not very computer savvy.

Last edited:

Back