News   Aug 07, 2024
 139     0 
News   Aug 06, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Aug 06, 2024
 1.7K     5 

Woodbine Centre

I think that Hudson's Bay wants to close all of its lowest "Silver" tier stores, which in Metro Toronto includes its Woodbine, Elgington Square and Centrpoint stores while maintaining redevelopment rights if it holds below market-rate leases.

I think that Hudson's Bay wants to close all of its lowest "Silver" tier stores, which in Metro Toronto includes its Woodbine, Elgington Square and Centrpoint stores while maintaining redevelopment rights if it holds below market-rate leases.
WHAT??? I thought The Bay wanted to keep their Eglinton square store open as a Bay clearance centre!!

WHAT??? I thought The Bay wanted to keep their Eglinton square store open as a Bay clearance centre!!

The Eglinton Square store is the subject of redevelopment plans for which we have a thread here at UT.

The store will go when the proponent is ready to build, its not imminent, but it will certainly be in the next few years. (assuming HBC survives)

Eglinton Square and Centrepoint are both the subject of redevelopment threads here on UT, and there is no plan to maintain HBC at either site when the malls are entirely removed.

While no other official plans have been announced I feel comfortable saying that if 'The Bay' survives, it will be radically slimmed down, likely to fewer than 50 stores nationally.

Back