News   Apr 15, 2024
 990     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 658     0 

Woodbine Centre

Can we just raze this thing now and be done with it? I remember being there on opening day and the place is just a shell of its former self. This is more than death by a thousand cuts and it is truly heartbreaking to witness.

I spent more hours than I should admit to at the theater when it was a cineplex before sherway cineplex opened in December of 1987 and the neglect we are seeing here I feel like I am losing a childhood friend.

Shooting alert: something is being filmed at the Woodbine Centre at the moment.

IMG_1460.JPG

From Queens Plate heading into the Sears parking lot.

IMG_1463.JPG

Watched over by a lone security guard, food tents were set up in the parking lot.

IMG_1465.JPG

Seeing 1/4th of Woodbine's parking lot full made me feel nostalgic. The film crew set up near Home Accents/Sears.

IMG_1469.JPG

On the first floor (close to Maggiano's), a store was sealed up. Judging by the mirrors on the walls, I'd say this used to be a hair salon.

IMG_1470.JPG

The sign out front contains the film company's initials. I guess this closed down store is going to be the set of a new film/commercial/movie.

IMG_1493.JPG

A worker is currently scraping off the window decals in front of Maggiano's. I also noticed workers inside the establishment.

The business lesson here: if you can't make money charging rent, rent out those stores to production companies.

Shooting alert: something is being filmed at the Woodbine Centre at the moment.

View attachment 429839
From Queens Plate heading into the Sears parking lot.

View attachment 429843
Watched over by a lone security guard, food tents were set up in the parking lot.

View attachment 429844
Seeing 1/4th of Woodbine's parking lot full made me feel nostalgic. The film crew set up near Home Accents/Sears.

View attachment 429845
On the first floor (close to Maggiano's), a store was sealed up. Judging by the mirrors on the walls, I'd say this used to be a hair salon.

View attachment 429846
The sign out front contains the film company's initials. I guess this closed down store is going to be the set of a new film/commercial/movie.

View attachment 429847
A worker is currently scraping off the window decals in front of Maggiano's. I also noticed workers inside the establishment.

The business lesson here: if you can't make money charging rent, rent out those stores to production companies.

This is actually how Dixie Square Mall ended its too-brief life in Chicago’s south suburbs. The mall was already dying, so its last tenant was Universal Pictures in 1979 for the filming of a certain musical comedy movie that ended up wrecking the joint – literally.

Apparently,"B G Holding" stands for 'background characters', and the sealed off store was once 'A Cut Above'. The beauty of sharing these photos on facebook.
At the moment, an episode of 'Mat and Liv' is being filmed at the Woodbine.

1664635158851.png

Special thanks to: Adolfo Pozo and Jennifer Gee for the extra information and photo.

I remember the final days of the Rockpile East in Scarborough. At the very end, the dormant music venue was renting out its parking lot to moving trucks.
Now the Rockpile is being converted into condos.

Last edited:
Gonna wake this thread back up.
But I heard from several little birdies that Zellers is making a slight comeback (online via Hudson's Bay Company website). I'm assuming the previous section where it last stood within the mall will finally be filled with its original items.

I'm so tired of looking at the array of boxes present at the entrance (how depressing, LOL), wondering if they'll ever tip over at some point, I won't hold my breath. 😂

The big question is, would Zellers actually consider opening back up in the Woodbine Centre with the mall's current state?
There was a lot more traffic in the mall during Zellers' original run ...and more name brand stores to shop at.

Now that Canadian Tire at Kipling and Rexdale Blvd. is supposedly shutting down, that is where I'd put a standalone Zellers.
Expensive as it may be.

1664930744388.png

Courtesy of Eugenio Arcilesi,, this ad is from 2003.

Gonna wake this thread back up.
But I heard from several little birdies that Zellers is making a slight comeback (online via Hudson's Bay Company website). I'm assuming the previous section where it last stood within the mall will finally be filled with its original items.

I'm so tired of looking at the array of boxes present at the entrance (how depressing, LOL), wondering if they'll ever tip over at some point, I won't hold my breath. 😂
wow, hope thats happening

really, they should go to the "walmart space" in Westwood Square Mall in mississauga malton
I heard there was supposed to be a new grocery store filling that space, but who knows. Malton only has one major grocery store at this point.

Now that the Woodbine is back to tearing apart Maggiano's, I wonder what will take the restaurant's place.
Doubt anything name brand. Probably another no-name liquidation.

Now that the Woodbine is back to tearing apart Maggiano's, I wonder what will take the restaurant's place.
Doubt anything name brand. Probably another no-name liquidation.
Maggiano's is leaving? like it NEVER opened in the first place. maybe a supermarket or a new store...or Maggiano's should just move to Westwood in Malton

Back