News   Apr 16, 2024
 314     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 728     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 489     3 

Woodbine Centre

Isn't Woodbine Racetrack also looking to build a concert theatre? Literally right across the street from this development.

Does the city really need that many more concert venues?

Everything from the architecture to the dinner theatre to the choice of typefaces screams 1985.

I could see only the condos and the new supermarket working here as additions/changes to the mall.

I don't even think the supermarket would really work there, since there is already a big Fortino's store directly across the street.

I'm surprised Hudson's Bay painted the outside of their store at Woodbine. I always thought this location was going to close.

Does anyone know what their plans are for Fantasy Fair? I am having trouble figuring it out just by the renderings.

Does anyone know what their plans are for Fantasy Fair? I am having trouble figuring it out just by the renderings.

Based on their apparent delusion of grandeur, they will probably make it compete with Canada's Wonderland.

Based on their apparent delusion of grandeur, they will probably make it compete with Canada's Wonderland.
Heh, well we will just have to see how this ends up in the long run.

LpbqQdm - Imgur.jpg

The poster that @PMT posted describes the building in the red circle as just an "entertainment complex". Doesn't mention anything about Fantasy Fair, but Marino Real Estate
(http://www.marino.ca/properties/woodbine/pdf/woodbine_presentation.pdf) touts Fantasy Fair as a part of the mall and shows different renderings than those posted in the food court. Very conflicting information.

Attachments

• LpbqQdm - Imgur.jpg
    LpbqQdm - Imgur.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,072
Yeah, I didn't catch that until now, but this aerial poster might explain it:
upload_2017-1-16_16-59-48.png

Judging by the render and the current floor plan, it looks like the entertainment complex will be an add-on in front of Fantasy Fair, not a replacement.

Also, the Sears location is closing in March - no word on a replacement tenant.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-16_16-59-48.png
    upload_2017-1-16_16-59-48.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,584
View attachment 96087

Judging by the render and the current floor plan, it looks like the entertainment complex will be an add-on in front of Fantasy Fair, not a replacement.

Roads in Rexdale have some of the worst urban design in the entire GTA. At the very least, those slip lanes should be removed.

I like the superfluous pluralizing in the lit: "$2 billions", "595 rooms hotel", etc.

Really; this isn't even 1985 Woodbine Centre quality. Remember that WC had a bit of hub-mall department-store-anchor *class* when it started out. It's more like some goombahs at Deco put this whole package and proposal together--and y'know, it *is* the Ford ward...

In other words, a pipe dream. I guess there's just no hope in turning Rexdale into Rosedale now that the visionary Rob Ford is gone...

View attachment 96087

Ah, makes more sense. Glad to see that it looks like Fantasy Fair is staying put, lots of childhood memories at that place.

Back