News   Jul 25, 2024
 192     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 328     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 847     1 

Woodbine Centre

Can they legally go after the tenants for the owners unpaid taxes?

Why do I get the feeling we are looking at an imminent closure of the mall via seizure.
Seems the City considers the tenants of the Woodbine a viable (and desperate) source of income. My question is will
the tenants turn around and sue the Woodbine owner for paying these taxes on his behalf?

The tenants of the Woodbine Centre have had unpaid money issues with the owner in the past:
https://www.mississauga.com/news/mi...cle_78433f05-9e4a-527c-85c0-5c7523d0aaf3.html

That's funny...the BAY wants to be there...at that TRASH MALL
It is funny...more funny that it's not a Bay Clearance centre. Clearance is all around, including that building across the street. Clearance Warehouse, which is only open at select times of the year.

Seems the City considers the tenants of the Woodbine a viable (and desperate) source of income. My question is will
the tenants turn around and sue the Woodbine owner for paying these taxes on his behalf?

The tenants of the Woodbine Centre have had unpaid money issues with the owner in the past:
https://www.mississauga.com/news/mi...cle_78433f05-9e4a-527c-85c0-5c7523d0aaf3.html

They could and would likely win.

I can see Woodbine being seized by someone before the end of summer.

Woodbine mall NEEDS a brand new owner, that can TURN this mall around!
Unfortunately, Rio-Can and others do not seem to post here to comment on why this is not an easy peasy thing.
I also wonder what Omers thinks? They would have some interesting input if they could take that mall over...
(Omers owns Scarborough Town, to name one mall)
Heck, anyone who currently owns a shopping mall, really...their input would be a good read...

Last edited:
Woodbine Centre started out as a Cadillac Fairview property, and remained until 2005, when CadFair dumped it, like it dumps any declining mall in its portfolio.

Not sure why a prestige shopping centre developer would want it, especially now. If anyone did pick it up, it’d be a long-term redeveloper, like RioCan.

Woodbine Centre started out as a Cadillac Fairview property, and remained until 2005, when CadFair dumped it, like it dumps any declining mall in its portfolio.

Not sure why a prestige shopping centre developer would want it, especially now. If anyone did pick it up, it’d be a long-term redeveloper, like RioCan.
Rio Can is the first one that came to my mind but then there's also First Capital...look what they did to Parkway mall in Scarboroough...another mall that was doomed to be torn down, but still remains...with some outdoor stores.
Maybe First Capital would like to do to Woodbine what they did to Parkway mall? ONE BIG DIFFERENCE-NO landmark on the land. (Parkway's Metro building is marked Heritage and can not be torn down)

NO WAY, "Cadillac Fairview" used to own Woodbudget Mall...wow

Unfortunately, Rio-Can and others do not seem to post here to comment on why this is not an easy peasy thing.
I also wonder what Omers thinks? They would have some interesting input if they could take that mall over...
(Omers owns Scarborough Town, to name one mall)
Heck, anyone who currently owns a shopping mall, really...their input would be a good read...
Woodbine mall NEEDS an input...RIGHT NOW!

The frame of the Loof Carousel is roughly 100 years old, but one attraction alone wouldn't meet the criteria needed to conserve Woodbine
as a heritage site. Plus, the carousel was imported into Canada in the 1980's, so, not technically part of the area's history until Woodbine's
grand opening in 1985.

Who missed "Bulk Barn" at Woodbine Mall? BTW they should have moved to Westwood Square Mall.

d261449ea9dc59fdebe59d5b48281b7e_-ontario-toronto-division-toronto-etobicoke-bulk-barn-416-674...jpg

It looks like there's a Community Environment Day in the parking lot, 4-8 pm tomorrow (Thursday May 4).

What were some of the top stores in its peak? Was there an abercrombie there before sherway?

What were some of the top stores in its peak? Was there an abercrombie there before sherway?

I don' recall an Abercrombie, but notable stores Woodbine once had included:

Sears
Zellers
Cinnabon
Garage Clothing
Music World
Sunrise Records
Bulk Barn
McDonald's
JJ Muggs
The General Store
Party Hut