News   Apr 25, 2024
 228     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Woodbine Centre

I do wonder what new owners could do with Woodbine Mall. Would they try to save it or redevelop it?

I imagine redevelop, the slumlord has decimated that mall so bad there's nothing that can really be done to revitalize the thing.
Depends on how traffic flows. The fact that the BAY WANTS to still be there hints that there is a traffic flow that can still keep the mall alive.

Depends on how traffic flows. The fact that the BAY WANTS to still be there hints that there is a traffic flow that can still keep the mall alive.
anchor stores often pay rent at a fraction of what everyone else pays to bring in people. I am guessing though that this Bay will be split into two... upstairs Bay... Downstairs Zellers.

anchor stores often pay rent at a fraction of what everyone else pays to bring in people. I am guessing though that this Bay will be split into two... upstairs Bay... Downstairs Zellers.
Excellent point, but why not by now? Decisions on where to put a Zellers were already made a while back...why not include Woodbine Centre in the first place?

Excellent point, but why not by now? Decisions on where to put a Zellers were already made a while back...why not include Woodbine Centre in the first place?

The Zellers pop-ups were intended as a pilot project that encompassed a handful of Bay locations. I would assume the locations chosen for
the project contained decent amounts of foot traffic. A few weeks ago, I visited the Zellers pop-up at Scarborough Town Centre. For a mall
like STC, the idea makes sense. The Woodbine? Not so much.

downstairs Zellers would be interesting...why not bring Zellers near the food court again

downstairs Zellers would be interesting...why not bring Zellers near the food court again

The Zellers popups are using property already owned by The Bay.

If the Woodbine does get sold against the current owner's will, I hope the Loof Carousel and other older rides find a new home in the city. Preferably a location
like Exhibition Place, where the rides can remain local and in use.

I wonder how many investors are looking into purchasing the Woodbine now?

would be great news , someone could buy the land at a deep discount and redevelop it, as new projects would be more feasible because of the cheap land purchase

Back