News   Jun 17, 2024
 246     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Winners (new Winners stores)

The HomeSense on Yonge opens on Thursday, though I wouldn't be surprised if they'd done a soft open and it's open now.

There was nothing in the new Front Street Winners space (great location - no one else is selling clothes in the hood) when I walked by there the day I left for Paris.

Breakfast Television was broadcasting live from the new Home Sense yesterday morning. Jennifer Valentine has tacky taste in home decor, judging by the objects she was drooling over.
I'm hoping the Winners on Front St opens soon...I was disappointed that the Winners Scotia Plaza is closed on weekends since I was hoping to shop there on the weekends when it would be virtually deserted.

Breakfast Television was broadcasting live from the new Home Sense yesterday morning. Jennifer Valentine has tacky taste in home decor, judging by the objects she was drooling over.
Yeah, but according to the hetero male BT demo, she's already got objects to drool over.
Oops

Winners on Front Street East

South side of Front, between the St Lawrence Centre and Nicholas Hoare, big signs are up in the window for Winners to open Fall 2007.

I believe the previous tenant there was a furniture store.

South side of Front, between the St Lawrence Centre and Nicholas Hoare, big signs are up in the window for Winners to open Fall 2007.

I believe the previous tenant there was a furniture store.

That Winners is going to destroy every intimate neighbourhood in Toronto.. First Yorkville - now St. Lawrence.. argh.

:D Bad choice of words - but Yorkville is, and that stretch of Bloor is Yorkville. Anyway, too bad Winners ruined that elite stretch of retail. Think about it, it's nearly as bad as a Wal Mart opening up at Holt's.

I don't think the effect was totally negative. Along Madison Avenue, one of NYC's premier shopping streets, there are a few locations of "Daffy's", which is a discount clothing store. These stores co-exist nicely with the upscale tenants. Bloor is alive and kicking, and doesn't seem to have suffered from the Winners moving in.

I shop at Holts and I shop at Winners. I doubt if I'm the only person who refuses to be defined by some marketer's idea of how my "demographic" is supposed to behave.

Back