News   Jun 25, 2024
 597     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 669     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hello all,
Not sure if anyone is having this issue with the builder. But my PDI has been rescheduled for a forth time. I am very angry and can not seem to get a hold of Karen. Any advice please

Hi Tisane,

They probably keep pushing the date back because they can't finish your unit for whatever reason. Once you have your PDI the builder has to give you a firm occupancy date. If they delay after giving you that date, they have to pay penalties and we all know Norstar isn't going to pay a penny if they don't have to. That's why they keep rescheduling your PDI.

I know it's frustrating that Karen won't call you back (I've been there) but my advice is to let them keep delaying if you can. Not only will you have to pay fewer monthly occupancy fees but if you keep pushing them to finish your unit, they will rush and make a lot of mistakes. That will be a much more long term aggravation for you because Tarion gives Norstar 4 months to correct any mistakes you record on your 30 day Tarion form. If you can be patient, I think that's the best solution right now. Just my two cents.

Hello all,
Not sure if anyone is having this issue with the builder. But my PDI has been rescheduled for a forth time. I am very angry and can not seem to get a hold of Karen. Any advice please

hello everyone,

I just finished my PDI. I don't have anything new to report that wasn't already said. But I did not notice any ethernet network jacks in any of the rooms, and I forgot to check the "communication box". I did notice some phone jacks. Are the units wired up for ethernet? How's the networking in the units?

Well I have bell and modem works great in here,I wish there was more than one cable jack in the living room,I recently got papers saying they need to come in and do work,not sure what?any clue on closed circuit video on the lobby where ppl ring to come up? Oh and thank god the alarms at nite have stoped lol

Hi bruizeman,

there's no ethernet connector, it is just phone jack, which they use ethernet cables to wire it. Technically it is not "data" ready but if you want, you could use the existing wire for data, my preference is to run extra wires but I havne't started as I need to solve the issue of "power source" in the "communication box" Once I got that resolved, I would have a router/switch/modem in there that would have all my rooms networked. It is hard to get a hold of them for anything, I'm trying to do a wall mount, however I'm not sure if the place I'm planning to drill would be safe.

hello everyone,

I just finished my PDI. I don't have anything new to report that wasn't already said. But I did not notice any ethernet network jacks in any of the rooms, and I forgot to check the "communication box". I did notice some phone jacks. Are the units wired up for ethernet? How's the networking in the units?

Hi bruizeman,

there's no ethernet connector, it is just phone jack, which they use ethernet cables to wire it. Technically it is not "data" ready but if you want, you could use the existing wire for data, my preference is to run extra wires but I havne't started as I need to solve the issue of "power source" in the "communication box" Once I got that resolved, I would have a router/switch/modem in there that would have all my rooms networked. It is hard to get a hold of them for anything, I'm trying to do a wall mount, however I'm not sure if the place I'm planning to drill would be safe.

Thanks Marco. I'm going to be interested in what you are going to do with the wires...

What I'd really like to do is put the router + nas in a closet, since the nas is quite loud.

Depends on which closet you're trying to put it in, since running wires not going through those existing conduits are much harder, often involves opening up dry walls. But if it is at the same closet as the entertainment centre, then it is much easier. I'll let you know once I found a way to hook up power there.

Does anyone know if they put "data ready" in their marketing material? if so, this can't be consider data ready as if we want to run data through wires, we have to buy those data bridges ourselves.

Thanks Marco. I'm going to be interested in what you are going to do with the wires...

What I'd really like to do is put the router + nas in a closet, since the nas is quite loud.

Last edited:
Yeah, you could run another cable along with the phone wire I think, so you have TV on both sides of your living room LOL. I have to switch my wires as I'm putting TV on another side of the wall....

Well I have bell and modem works great in here,I wish there was more than one cable jack in the living room,I recently got papers saying they need to come in and do work,not sure what?any clue on closed circuit video on the lobby where ppl ring to come up? Oh and thank god the alarms at nite have stoped lol

Any of you 2 wanna tell me why you guys are doing this?I'm happy with my wireless lol, not to say I'm not interested in what you guys are doing lol

Ps anything new to report from anyone

Any of you 2 wanna tell me why you guys are doing this?I'm happy with my wireless lol

They want a secure, high speed connection, which you don't get with wireless. LOL.

Does anyone know if they put "data ready" in their marketing material? if so, this can't be consider data ready as if we want to run data through wires, we have to buy those data bridges ourselves.

The marketing says the suites are wired up for "Internet" and with cat5 (i hope its 5e, i would like gigabit). It's on their website. I took that to mean ethernet wiring. And I was wrong.

Last edited:
They want a secure, high speed connection, which you don't get with wireless. LOL.

Yup, that's exactly what we want, higher speed and less interferance ( every wireless connection would tax the connection intergrity, as well as interferance of other people's wireless connection if at same channel ). But you might not need it OEW, as me and bruizeman have more network devices :)

The marketing says the suites are wired up for "Internet" and with cat5 (i hope its 5e, i would like gigabit). It's on their website. I took that to mean ethernet wiring. And I was wrong.

I just checked, the jack that I have one the wall is a network jack and they use cat5e wire, however it'll work for phone jack as well, so it can be used as phone or internet, it is possible to use both over same wire however it is not recommanded as it'll have interferances to the network when the phone rings, and have possibility to damage your network card if you use phone and network over same wire. if you don't use phone, you could wire it for network using same wire and all you need to do is to have it wired correctly at the entertainment centre.

Even though it is cat5e cable, it is prewired to work with phone, not network. My bell internet currently is going over cat5e and without problem. If you use rogers internet, and don't have land line for phone, you could change them to use for network.

I just checked, the jack that I have one the wall is a network jack and they use cat5e wire, however it'll work for phone jack as well, so it can be used as phone or internet, it is possible to use both over same wire however it is not recommanded as it'll have interferances to the network when the phone rings, and have possibility to damage your network card if you use phone and network over same wire. if you don't use phone, you could wire it for network using same wire and all you need to do is to have it wired correctly at the entertainment centre.

Even though it is cat5e cable, it is prewired to work with phone, not network. My bell internet currently is going over cat5e and without problem. If you use rogers internet, and don't have land line for phone, you could change them to use for network.

Oh so you have a jack that accepts both? Is this the included jacks or did you supply your own?

Back