Will you be voting for or against David Miller in the 2010 election

Will you vote for David Miller in 2010?

• Yes

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^Oh, joy!! More "Miller is a commie and is stealing our money to pay for his luxury 60-bedroom house" bulls**t. But it's not like they'll get far with 1000 signatures =/.

As others have said, it depends entirely on who's running.

Miller has not lived up to my expectations. When he ran the first time, he seemed like a near perfect candidate; someone who understood urban issues and said all the right things. Unfortunately he doesn't seem able to do what's necessary to achieve his lofty goals. I thought we'd see a lot more creative problem solving.

That said, I do think a lot of people are too hard on him. I'm hoping this these last few years leading up to the election are good ones.

Hopefully there is a worthy candidate in 2010. For all the flak Miller gets, there doesn't seem to be anyone close right now. It was really depressing that the best candidate available to challenge him in the last election was Pitfield.

will Miller be in the same situation as Mcgunity...

Facing no real opposition.

We might be voting earlier, if the people who signed this petition have their way.
How would that work? I can't think of any legal instrument that would let anyone vote until 2010.

My gosh, they can't get rid of the Vaughan mayor, despite how many laws she has broken, even with the entire council voting for her to resign. What legal instrument would one do to trigger an early election with a mayor who has support of his council, and no one has even accused of corruption?

How would that work? I can't think of any legal instrument that would let anyone vote until 2010.

My gosh, they can't get rid of the Vaughan mayor, despite how many laws she has broken, even with the entire council voting for her to resign. What legal instrument would one do to trigger an early election with a mayor who has support of his council, and no one has even accused of corruption?

I never took it seriously, but I thought I'd point it out for its eyebrow-raising foolishness. The comments which people have left along with their supposed name generally lack any perspective on the issues they bring up, and there are various sarcastic and comical ones which seem to mock the petition itself. Plus, it's fundamentally flawed as a petition because it seems there's nothing stopping someone from signing it multiple times.

The only way I'd vote for Miller is if he gets rid of the land transfer tax before he runs again. I'd seriously consider voting for any person who promises to get rid of that tax.

maybe he can check out on how 200 million dollars is being spent to take care of like 10-20k street people.

lordmandeep:

maybe he can check out on how 200 million dollars is being spent to take care of like 10-20k street people.

Before he does, perhaps you can check out how you managed to get that 200M figure? What's this, Toronto Sun level standards on quoting statistics?

AoD

its a figure I have been hearing tossed around for years...

reported on the news over the years...

even on this board I think.

If it is wrong, please kindly correct this misinformed person...

anyways I am not saying 200M dollars should not be spent, but if such a great amount is being spent it clearly is not working.

Really first of all we need to clear the streets of the scam artists who are carrying blackberry in their pocket then stand beside Tim Hortons begging for change.
Or the people who make every person uncomfortable walking down a street downtown, yelling and screaming. To us guys its nothing, but to women having some guy yelling at you can really make you uncomfortable.

Sure you may tolerate aggressive panhandling, but imo it something that pisses me off.

Then we can help the real homeless.

Last edited:
After looking at Transit City, I bet many of you are thinking Jane Pitfield's ideas about building up the subway network 2km a year are starting to look awful good.

Back