News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 542     0 

Why Is Canadian Gov't TV Showing Bush As Hitler?

• Thread starter AmericanPatriot2004
  • Start date
Re: The CNN Is Extremely Biased!!

I did not have a speaker on when I viewed the movie, so maybe I missed something, but from what I saw all there was were a bunch of aliens throwing dollar bills all over the place, a skeleton on a glider, a 2D Bush lashing with a whip or something like that.

I think I must put my 2 cents here. First of all I don't see this as real slander and it should be covered by the freedom of speech - nowhere near the worst anti-Bush images around if you've ever seen Bush compared to a monkey, female "bush", etc. However I do think it's just common sense that utilizing such comparisons as I've mentioned in addition to things like Bush choking on a pretzel, Bush miswording a sentence (which we all do sometimes) to claim that Bush has failed politicially is frankly, senseless. I'm not saying that there aren't reasons to criticize Bush, but these things are pointless.

And ultimately you can't lump Iraqi foreign policy with something like banning Canadian beef or the irradiation of canned food. Sure there's connections to America's commander in chief, but ultimately they are decisions based on the expertise of their respective departments. Besides, the Iraqi-War = anti-decriminalizing marijuana = anti-gay marriage = Republican = sometimes Christian thing is getting old **sigh**.

I have more comments about this thread but aren't really related to the theme of this (general politicial talk) so I'll leave it at this. :)

Re: The CNN Is Extremely Biased!!

And ultimately you can't lump Iraqi foreign policy with something like banning Canadian beef or the irradiation of canned food. Sure there's connections to America's commander in chief, but ultimately they are decisions based on the expertise of their respective departments.

you didn't get the point. i was trying to get across to the guy that standing up against negative politicians doesn't make you a non patriot. in fact it makes you a patriot when you stand for the rights of the citizens by lashing against corrupt powers. my quotes on irradiated beef, Canada bending over for bush, beef ban, Iraq, u.s supporting terrorist groups in the 1980's, etc. is an example of corruption which hurts us all and if we stand by our man just because he is our man then we are not really patriots but corrupt, treasonous cowards.

dan.

Are Be how simplistic. I personally love America. I'd live in New York or San Francisco in a second. I just hate Bush and people like American Patriot. Its not like I'm going to UrbanHouston.com or wherever posting this kind of crap. So why does he have to do that here? That's the problem I have with this guy.

And we do have shows poking fun at Canadians even on the CBC. Ever seen "This Hour has 22 Minutes"?

Are Be (and AmericanPatriot for that matter) seems to forget that most anti-Bush websites are made by Americans in the US. I guess that's OK... it's just when non-Americans criticise monkey-boy Bush that it becomes unacceptable.

After some entertaining reading, I can't access PABAHH!!!'s forum any more... awww...

--------------

PABAAH MESSAGE BOARD POLICY

This is important so read carefully.

America has an extended fight on its hands and its going to take every one of us cooperating and supporting our government and our troops to win this war. This message board is for use by our members that want to contribute to our cause. We look on criticism of the United States, at this time in our nation’s history as treasonous, not as freedom of speech.

IF YOU ARE A FULL-FLEDGED AND UNQUESTIONED SUPPORTER OF THE UNITED STATES AND ITS GOVERNMENT, THEN YOU ARE WELCOME. HOWEVER, IF YOUR INTENT IS TO COME ON THIS BOARD AND CRITICIZE OUR PRESIDENT AND/OR THIS NATION THEN DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND MOVE ON.

For those who wish to express NEGATIVE opinions, or wish to debate a place has been provided in Category "TROLLS CORNER" IN (HATE MAIL) OR (DEBATE A TROLL) ONLY.
To debate a subject in our forums Use Cut and Paste and post as quotes and make your comments "In the TROLLS AREA ONLY"
THOSE WHO WISH TO IGNORE OUR POLICY, AND MAKE POSTS ELSEWHERE ON OUR BOARDS, BE ADVISED THAT YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM OUR SITE.

PROFANITY WILL NO BE TOLERATED!

CIVILITY IS REQUIRED.

THIS POLICY IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE

----------------

homeland.jpg

Dan e 1980 – OK, I see your point, which I agree.

AreBe – I think it’s great that you stand out as a Devil’s Advocate on these forums. ;)

I must second your point about Maritime diversity after a trip there last year… except I found Halifax to be “relatively diverse†compared to the other regions – I don’t think I saw a single non-white person outside of that city (well maybe, I don’t remember). As an ethnic Asian, I found that some people automatically assumed that I was probably from the Toronto area and asked me if I was (or maybe they looked at the license plate, I dunno).

How exactly does that compare to America? Unless you're really creative or really paranoid there are no comparisons.
As for the depiction of Hitler. It shows Bush on a podium with a bunch of people before him standing in straight lines. His mannerisms are very similar to Hitler's speeches. It is suttle but there are connections to Hitler and fascism in the video

------------------------------------------------------------
My favourite petition signature. So deliciously North Korean!
All across America, the love for our troops and the Commander in Chief is obvious.

I have researched Ohgr and Skinny Puppy. The lead singer is from Vancouver and moved to LA.
Talk about brain drain...

This is from my cousin who lives two blocks from the WTC

Re: bushin30seconds.org/

Happy New Year!
I'm a member of moveon.org and have been voting on these for weeks to
distill all of the entries down to these 20 or so.
I may go to the following event on Monday to view the finalists and more -
Dear MoveOn member,

With over 2.9 million votes cast, we're proud to announce the finalists in
the Bush in 30 Seconds ad contest. These ads have been selected by the
rating public from among over 1,000 ads submitted. They're potent, poignant,
and funny - it's a great mix. They perfectly capture the grassroots approach
to politics we're pioneering together.

If you're in the New York area next Monday (1/12), please join us at Bush in
30 Seconds Live, an awards show to celebrate these ads and announce the
winner. The show will be hosted by Janeane Garofalo and include performances
and presentations by Margaret Cho, Moby, Chuck D, John Sayles, and other
special guests. With comedy, music, and some of the best political ads the
world has ever seen, it'll be a great night. And thanks to a few generous
donors who are covering the costs, every cent you pay for tickets will go
toward our $10 million campaign to expose Bush's policies in swing states.

You can get tickets now online for $35, $75, and $150 at:
www.moveonvoterfund.org/b30slive.html

We also have some special packages for donors of $1,000 or more - check out
the bottom of this email for details

AmericanPatriot2004 does not speak for most Americans. :brickwall :no:

Speaking of bushin30seconds.com, if you go there and register, you can vote on 12 other movies for "funniest ad and the best youth and animated ads". There are some good other ones there, I reccomend it.

bushin30seconds.org/people/

Although senseless comes from supporters of all politicial groups, including those anti-Bush (I don't consider myself to lean heavily into any category), some of the comments expressed on the PABAHH site are just :poke: :eek: to say the least.

-------------------
Who in America is exempt from these fanatics?
What options do they leave us?

President Bush's Comment "You are either with us...or against us!"

There is no middle ground! They hate us and want us dead.
ALL of us... The Right, left, christians, jews, athiests, straights, (especially) gays, morally deficient, traders in the markets, taxpayers, those who use oil products, hollywood. If I left anyone out, I'm sorry...but it includes YOU too!

We either FIGHT or Convert! There is no grey area!
Black and white. Choose your side!

I choose to fight!
Where should we fight?
In Americas Skys, and cities? I think not!

I choose there Turf!
This is a WAR on terror.
Advantages.... Rules of war include no LAWYERS!
Case in point Mousaui (sp?) He is protected by the same rules and people that he hates and wants to rid from the earth!

Maybe we could debate and negotiate with them?
Yea right!
Like Jimmy Carter and our hostages?
Like Hamas....blowing up busses during a cease fire?

You ask "What is your definition of a Anti-American?
Simple.....What side did you choose?

Choose your side, MOVE there, and fight for what you beleive.

God Bless our Country and our Troops
Thats right I said GOD!
-----------------

Spillover from the thread about the video:

--------------------------------------
Also he IS from Canada - that same sh*tty place that Avril Lavigne and Rod Stewart come from, I forget the name - but my friend went there once and it's apparently realy sh*t, lots of Frogs and Eskimos which don't speak our language, what is Canada? Part of Europe or somthing? Bunch of draft-dodgers and convicts, bet this Ogre's a draft dodger as well - seems the type who won't fight for America. We'd all die for the stars and stripes - why the f*uck won't they? This Ogre guy is really getting me wound up, and he's also living in LA now!!!! How can this be??? Why he hasn't been deported I don't know! We should get governer Arnie's address and tell him about this "Ogre" guy - I bet Arnie would be willing to take a day off of work to go round and kick this little f*ck's Canadian Ass all the way across the border to Toronto and sh*t! Bet he'd totally f*ck him right up

<sigh> It never occurs to the people associating Canada with "draft-dodgers" that they were American, does it?

Kevin

Back