News   Apr 25, 2024
 252     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 810     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 819     0 

Why do we choose dark coat colours for winter?

All I could say is light colored coats or shirts (light tan, light beige, light gray) looks the best on me and all people really. I dont know why men like wearing navy blue, black and dark grey so much. It was very hard for me to find a nice light grey winter coat in stores, I had to buy it on line. Dark grey coats look ugly, I guess when it comes to clothes people are so stereotypical,

With the winter weather being depressing enough, it baffles me why just about everyone underscores it by dressing in the most drab colours possible. I go the opposite - for this season I purposely sought out a vintage 80's winter jacket with crazy bright colours and designs. I'm like a walking lighthouse.

With the winter weather being depressing enough, it baffles me why just about everyone underscores it by dressing in the most drab colours possible. I go the opposite - for this season I purposely sought out a vintage 80's winter jacket with crazy bright colours and designs. I'm like a walking lighthouse.
Nice. My wife buys her warmest and longest winter coats online from Lands End in bright teal and purple colours. I made the mistake of one year, when she asked if the coat impacted her figure, where I replied the coat did not look like Grimace. To which she erupted, asking why that came to mind. It's now known as the "Not like Grimace Coat".

Last edited:
Nice. My wife buys her warmest and longest winter coats online from Lands End in bright teal and purple colours. I made the mistake of one year, when she asked if the coat impacted her figure, where I replied the coat did not look like Grimace. To which she erupted, asking why that came to mind. It's now known as the "Not like Grimace Coat".

At least your consistent; you even do it to your wife............LOL. ?

Then that look that follows...."What, what did say?"; ....

Mine's camo. Not sure if that's drab or not.

Though, I recently picked up another that's black from my brother. So, I'm part of the problem. My outfits are generally dark. I only wear some red to do with football clubs and blue, being my favourite colour, and camo, me being a junglist souljah! (and wanker, I guess hahahaha), and grey.

I'm just trying to blend into the the background except where football is concerned where I scream my allegiance to the tribe and fully participate in that particular early hominid tribalistic ritual of pseudo-violence (and sometimes real violence!, no guns, no guns).

I started wearing a high visibility vest at night this winter because pedestrian crossings are so dark.

Back