News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 701     0 

Where in the world would you live?

New York (doesn't have to be Manhattan, I could dig Williamsburg)

Beware of hipsters!

27vice.1841.jpg

--------

I would live in:

1. New York (Brooklyn)
2. Paris
3. Montreal or Munich

Oooo if we're looking at secondary German cities, I would easily take Hamburg, Cologne or even Düsseldorf over Munich any day! :)

hey dan,

HH is a great city...if you like ten consecutive months of rain! :p

No, for real, the city probably is really great and has some great architecture. The last time I was there I was only in my mid-teens so I wasn't able to experience it on any deep level.

I've never been to K or DD.

Munich had this great feel to it with a sort of student bohemianism amid Jugendstil architecture. It really feels bigger than it is because it is a cultural oasis surrounded by the most conservative and provincial region of Germany. Also, I will concede one thing to you, Dan, and that is that Southern Germany is kind of hurting for good cities: Frankfurt and Stuttgart are strictly for business travelers and Nuremberg is a little small. This probably makes Munich shine a little brighter than if it were further north.

A small village in the Austrian alps... A stone cottage in Northern England/Scotland/Ireland. A renovated barn in rural New Hamshire or Vermont. Istanbul....Melbourne....Montreal....Barcelona....NYC....suburban LA (if it had to be a suburb, a wealthy and always warm LA nabe is ideal)...A log cabin in the middle of a large forest within 2 hours of Toronto...

Oh there's so many places. Chances are high I'll remain right here in Toronto. lol.

1) Paris
2) New York
3) Nantucket (Victoria Day to the Film Festival)
4) San Francisco
5) Mustique (Christmas through Easter)

New England

Being a Boston Red Sox fan in my youth, I always fancied the greater Boston area. Something about New England--the blue bloodness of it perhaps? or the quiet wealth?--I love. So a house or farm in New England, a loft in manhattan, and maybe something in the deep south (my roots:))

1) Toronto

2) Beijing: physically very much like Toronto, with high-rises in every direction and relatively flat topography, but a totally different vibe. It's where everybody will want to be in 2008.

3) Istanbul: Maybe live on the Asian side and work, shop and explore the European side. Interesting topography. The downside would be the long commute.

2) Beijing: physically very much like Toronto, with high-rises in every direction and relatively flat topography, but a totally different vibe. It's where everybody will want to be in 2008.

Well, not everyone. Some people object to being run over by tanks if they oppose the government.

Yeah, I totally want to move to a large city in a country that wants no curtailment whatsoever on its spewing of emissions!!!

Back