News   May 13, 2024
 252     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.2K     0 

Where in the world would you live?

Yeah, I totally want to move to a large city in a country that wants no curtailment whatsoever on its spewing of emissions!!!

Well if you live in a Canadian city then you can stand proud at having met that goal.

Besides for Toronto (which obviously I would live in, as I live there now)...

(1) New York (Manhattan) - I love that you can live some place and walk everywhere and that whatever you want, whenever you want it, it's available.

(2) Hong Kong - only spent 1 day there, but I was IN LOVE. Big, tall shiny buildings...

(3) Santiago, Chile - very cool city, lots of old colonial architecture, mixed with new areas with the tall, shiny buildings that I like. Weather is excellent, both skiing and ocean nearby, and a stable economy. It's like Denver, but bigger, cooler and with less white people wearing fleece.

I've never been to London, but I'm going in August, so I may add it to my list after I return. I think I will like London.

A liberal city in the U.S. with a walkable lively downtown

I think the author of this thread is looking for REAL places.

Well, the US of A would excuse away college towns as unrepresentative microclimates--hey, if Canada wants to annex them, go ahead...

Out of the cities London, Paris, Bruxelles, Madrid and Berlin; Berlin is really the nicest for young people.. shops/nightlife/people/city/etcetera.

I'd go for that if I didn't think Zurich was better.

I think the author of this thread is looking for REAL places.

Uh, er, there are. Ann Arbor, San Francisco (I could actually think of a few California cities). Maybe Portland, OR. New York doesn't count as its "downtown" isn't lively after work. That's about it.

Chicago's not bad, but it's only quasi Liberal.

I'd want a US cities that more than just the downtown is lively and walkable. I want a US city that I could be comfortable walking just about anywhere. Chicago wouldn't make that qualification.

Toronto is irreplaceable.. . but if i HAD to choose somewhere other than T.O.:

Lake Como
Seattle
Manhattan
London

1.) Toronto
2.) a modern Amsterdam suburb, or a mid-sized Dutch city
3.) Central Berlin, or a Mid-sized German city

Back