News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 701     0 

What's the nastiest thing you've ever seen on the subway, bus, streetcar or station?

I second the toe-nail clippings incident.

I was on the B-D line, heading east in the morning. Despite listening to my ipod I could hear the unmistakable click-click noise from a nail clipper. I looked up and right across was this 30-something woman, dressed nicely on her way to work, clipping her toe nails (she had been wearing sandals) right in the middle of the car. Little shards of nail were flying in every direction. She even tapped out the clippers when she was done with each nail. Other people and I just stared at her in disbelief.

Upon telling a co-worker this story later that day, my co-worker explained what she had seen on a later train. She told me that another woman got on another east-bound train at Pape and proceeded to puke all over the doors. The puker got off at Donlands, the next stop.

Like anyone who rides the TTC regularly, I've seen some pretty crazy stuff, but these two things take the cake:

1. About ten years ago, my friend and I are riding the Blue Night special after hours along Bloor Street. Across the bus, two guys are sitting on the long bench seat that runs along the length of the bus. One guy is slicing his forearm with small cuts from a razor blade and letting it bleed out onto the floor of the bus while his friend looks on, simply saying "Yeah...yeah...yeah" with each cut. Then they notice us looking at them and proceed to call us "fags" until we decide it is in our best interest to get the hell of that bus. Thankfully, they don't follow.

2. A few years ago, I'm on the Bloor Subway. Across from me is a kind-of-crazy guy talking and yelling to himself. He seems relatively harmless and caught up in his own world. But then, a second totally random crazy guy comes in from another subway car and starts walking down our car. He's staring at pretty much everyone and yelling at them a little, but everyone keeps their head down and does their best to avoid eye contact. But the second he gets to the first crazy guy, he reacts and they both start yelling at each other wildly. It soon turns into a fist-fight between these guys as the train pulls into the station. As the doors open, one guy pulls the other through the main entry doors and we roll out of the station while they continue to fight on the platform.

As for nail-clipping, I see that way more than I should. Just saw it on Saturday actually.

A girl doing her hair on the Yonge line... this included pulling out a bottle of hairspray and then proceeding to empty the entire bottle... yes, while on the train. I guess I was more annoyed than grossed out.

I don't like to take the bus... in fact I prefer to rent cars than getting on any TTC bus (Zip Car comes in handy). But this one day that I had to ride the TTC, out in the west end, a group of teenage girls got on the bus and I'm guessing they had been drinking before. One of them sat in an empty seat in front and me... she then began heaving. This lasted about five minutes... then she started to throw up. Emptying the contents of her belly onto the seat front of her, beside her and somehow splashing some of it on me, behind her. Suffice to say I was completely grossed out.... has anyone seen the Family Guy episode where they all begin to throw up, this experience was very close to that. I now dislike the bus even more.

This guy:

zanta8co.jpg

nastiest things I've witnessed on TTC.. Hmm

1. homeless guy sleeping on the 505 at 10am on a weekday, ripped pants, junk hangin' not smelly surprisingly, but nasty..

2. a couple 'doing it' in the back of a 112C, then when the bus stopped the guy got up and was playing with himself as he got off the bus.

3. similar to the Islington stn, poop on stairs incident from another poster, a large pile of it in the westbound Elevator at Dundas West station.

4. riding the 300 B/D BLUENIGHT, a guys and his gf get on, sit at the back, and as were turning the corner from west mall to burnhamthorpe, the guy, reaches across the aisle, barf's on the seat across from him, then sticks his finger in it and licks his finger.... and smiles! (that just about made me lose control of my stomach.)

5. 2 black chicks snorting coke on a streetcar seat on the 510.

6. an old man (maybe around 62-64, really really fat.) gets on the 110A, at Islington Stn, smelling of urine, feces and his hands are dirty, then as we're going down to Long Branch, he smiles broadly, and gets up, as he was getting off, he let go with a giant fart, shitting all over the floor of the bus, right near the drivers area. after watching him get off, the poor driver puked out her window, and then we discovered, the gut had shit/pissed on the seat he'd been sitting on (seats directly behind the drivers area), and had used the seat beside him to wipe his hands off on.

7. a mentally challenged guy on my local bus route decided he was going to sit on the floor at the back doors area of the bus and take a poo, and using his hands painting with it on the walls and seats nearby.

8. at Kipling stn, washroom (ladies) 3-5 used condoms on the sink/floor.

9. same place, used tampons/pads on floor/toilet paper dispenser, bloody handprints on walls in there are a common occurrence.

I have many driver friends and have heard many, many more stories that I seriously cant post here, they're that bad/gross/vomit inducing..

I just am so thankful that I finally got onto the wheeltrans service, I mostly use it to get to work, so I still take conventional if I can to get other places.
So I dont witness much nastiness anymore.

Last edited:
It's gotta be the homeless person stench for me. I haven't seen all that much. But from time to time the stench is enough to clear the car. It's quite horrid, but my WORST stench experience was in a New York City train. The smell was UNBELIEVABLE!! Like death, I swear.

1. homeless guy sleeping on the 505 at 10am on a weekday, ripped pants, junk hangin' not smelly surprisingly, but nasty..

2. a couple 'doing it' in the back of a 112C, then when the bus stopped the guy got up and was playing with himself as he got off the bus.

3. similar to the Islington stn, poop on stairs incident from another poster, a large pile of it in the westbound Elevator at Dundas West station.

4. riding the 300 B/D BLUENIGHT, a guys and his gf get on, sit at the back, and as were turning the corner from west mall to burnhamthorpe, the guy, reaches across the aisle, barf's on the seat across from him, then sticks his finger in it and licks his finger.... and smiles! (that just about made me lose control of my stomach.)

5. 2 black chicks snorting coke on a streetcar seat on the 510.

6. an old man (maybe around 62-64, really really fat.) gets on the 110A, at Islington Stn, smelling of urine, feces and his hands are dirty, then as we're going down to Long Branch, he smiles broadly, and gets up, as he was getting off, he let go with a giant fart, shitting all over the floor of the bus, right near the drivers area. after watching him get off, the poor driver puked out her window, and then we discovered, the gut had shit/pissed on the seat he'd been sitting on (seats directly behind the drivers area), and had used the seat beside him to wipe his hands off on.

7. a mentally challenged guy on my local bus route decided he was going to sit on the floor at the back doors area of the bus and take a poo, and using his hands painting with it on the walls and seats nearby.

8. at Kipling stn, washroom (ladies) 3-5 used condoms on the sink/floor.

9. same place, used tampons/pads on floor/toilet paper dispenser, bloody handprints on walls in there are a common occurrence.

I have many driver friends and have heard many, many more stories that I seriously cant post here, they're that bad/gross/vomit inducing..

I just am so thankful that I finally got onto the wheeltrans service, I mostly use it to get to work, so I still take conventional if I can to get other places.
So I dont witness much nastiness anymore.

Why did you fail to mention the race of the offender(s) in any of your points except #5? Just curious :)

Why did you fail to mention the race of the offender(s) in any of your points except #5? Just curious :)

cause the other ones were usually near enough to white that I cant tell the differance, you need to understand something before you go jumping off the deep end here buddy, I'm legally blind, that means I can see about 3 feet infront of me, and thats it. also most times I am alone or with one of my bus/streetcar driver friends, this one time I was NOT alone, sitting like 2 feet away from them with my 65 year old mother, who is NOT from Toronto, and it was christmas day night, when it happened.

cause the other ones were usually near enough to white that I cant tell the differance, you need to understand something before you go jumping off the deep end here buddy, I'm legally blind, that means I can see about 3 feet infront of me, and thats it.

Actually, the jab wasn't directed specifically at you, but a tongue-in-cheek flashback to earlier posts in this thread...

I think he lives in Brampton now. I saw him at the Micky D's at Steeles/Torbram a couple of years ago.

I do not see why people are afraid of the guy. I talked to him, he's loopy, but he's not stupid.

Back