News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.5K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 616     0 

What's the nastiest thing you've ever seen on the subway, bus, streetcar or station?

A story from a friend: He was riding the 506 at rush hour. It was crush-loaded. He was standing at the back. Two hyper-active 20-somethings were sitting in the very back. One pulled out a bag of coke and asks his friend if he wants some. The friend says "We can't do that here, everyone is watching." The guy responds "It's okay, they won't say anything, they'll look all pissed off, but they won't actually say anything." They both rolled up their transfers and snorted right from the bag. He was right, everyone looked mad, but they didn't do anything about it.

This was supposed to be the nastiest thing I saw on the TTC though, and that would be a pile of chunky puke on the platform at Davisville station, the day after I barfed it up.

Last edited:
Somebody snort then hock a loogie on the floor of the bus. To this day the memory grosses me out when it comes to mind. Disgusting.
I saw some white guy do that in the main hall a hospital. I screamed at him until he apologized, but he still refused to clean it up.

Yeah, the "white" was superfluous but I thought that detail was rather appropriate in this thread. ;^)

My memorable TTC gross-outs/peeves:

1) People who dig boogers out of their nose without any regard to those who are around or worse, those who plug one nostril, blow it out to clear said nostril and then repeat on the other side. Gross, but sadly very common.
2) Man vigorously masturbating with a newspaper over his privates
3) Back in the late 80's/early 90's we were heading home from the Roxy cinema late on a weekend evening and we got onto a train with 6 or 8 teens/early 20's types who were all hanging upside down by their knees like vampires on the upper handrails swaying from side to side as the train would stop, start or careen from side to side. We were actually rather amused by it all as were others on the car until one of them threw up while hanging up side down spewing said stomach contents over a remarkably large area.

A middle aged guy shirtless and shaving his head on the College streetcar line. Every minute or so he'd tap his razor on the seat in front of him to get the hair out of it.

Last year, I was riding the subway, and a Chinese couple get on. Some older man, probably about as bright and clued-in as that guy demanding to shop in the Eaton Centre on Saturday, starts growling "Freeeee Tibet!". I'm not sure what to make of this, as this is an incredibly ignorant thing to say. He gets some disgusted looks, but probably doesn't notice.

After the the third time, once the couple leave, I start chanting "Vive le Quebec Libre" - I get looks on the subway car too, but knowing smiles rather than looks of disgust. This moron gives me a strange, puzzled look, and leaves at the next stop. I don't know if I went over his head, or if he thought I was nuts, but I gave this Anglo-Canadian as good as he gave it.

Something I saw today that's more "scariest" than "nastiest": some nerdy looking kid about 13 or 14 or so, short curly hair and glasses, reading a paperback of "Atlas Shrugged"

Last year, I was riding the subway, and a Chinese couple get on. Some older man, probably about as bright and clued-in as that guy demanding to shop in the Eaton Centre on Saturday, starts growling "Freeeee Tibet!". I'm not sure what to make of this, as this is an incredibly ignorant thing to say. He gets some disgusted looks, but probably doesn't notice.

After the the third time, once the couple leave, I start chanting "Vive le Quebec Libre" - I get looks on the subway car too, but knowing smiles rather than looks of disgust. This moron gives me a strange, puzzled look, and leaves at the next stop. I don't know if I went over his head, or if he thought I was nuts, but I gave this Anglo-Canadian as good as he gave it.

I musta missed the referendum on Tibetan independence.

I saw some white guy do that in the main hall a hospital. I screamed at him until he apologized, but he still refused to clean it up.

Yeah, the "white" was superfluous but I thought that detail was rather appropriate in this thread. ;^)

Because the colour of his skin really matters, right?

Either the Mississauga Transit route 11 or 40 going from Islington to Westwood Mall, the bus driver was smoking a joint, and driving VERY fast. It was just me and a friend on the bus. It was scary.

Me being attacked by 10 neo-nazis was pretty nasty, but I don't think that's what the thread is for.

I guess vomit is the grossest thing I've seen.

I saw a blowjob being administered on a bus a few years back. All I could think about then was what would happen if we hit a pothole.

Pics or it didn't happen.

My memorable TTC gross-outs/peeves:

3) Back in the late 80's/early 90's we were heading home from the Roxy cinema late on a weekend evening and we got onto a train with 6 or 8 teens/early 20's types who were all hanging upside down by their knees like vampires on the upper handrails swaying from side to side as the train would stop, start or careen from side to side. We were actually rather amused by it all as were others on the car until one of them threw up while hanging up side down spewing said stomach contents over a remarkably large area.

Hehe - that's actually pretty cool. Was it during the first "vampire craze"? i.e. Lost Boys, Near Dark etc.?

Actually... it'd only have been cool if the one kid didn't throw up. Definitely pic + caption material. The vomit makes it a Fail.

Something I saw today that's more "scariest" than "nastiest": some nerdy looking kid about 13 or 14 or so, short curly hair and glasses, reading a paperback of "Atlas Shrugged"

Scary, I agree! It should have been read by someone closer to the appropriate age for that book... i.e. 5 or 6 ;)

Me being attacked by 10 neo-nazis was pretty nasty, but I don't think that's what the thread is for.

In Toronto? Late 80's, early 90's or more recently?

As inappropriate as his comments may have been, it should be mentioned that equating the history of violent oppression and cultural genocide in Tibet to the plight of the separatist Quebecois in Canada is complete nonsense. Quebec has put the question of independence to a democratic referendum TWICE and the population of that province has twice voted to remain a Canadian province.

The Supreme Court of Canada, (ironically an institution established to this country by those racist, oppressive Anglo-Canadians to uphold a constitution designed to protect human rights and the rights of minorities in particular), has even acknowledged the constitutional legitimacy of a yes vote in a referendum and the legality of Quebec secession.

Back