News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.4K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 610     0 

What's the nastiest thing you've ever seen on the subway, bus, streetcar or station?

Maybe we should introduce first and second class seating on public transit. They do this on the Star Ferries in Hong Kong. Upper deck for first class, lower deck for second class. Both are inexpensive, but those who want to spit, snort, jerk, vomit and pick would likely go second class.

Maybe we should introduce first and second class seating on public transit. They do this on the Star Ferries in Hong Kong. Upper deck for first class, lower deck for second class. Both are inexpensive, but those who want to spit, snort, jerk, vomit and pick would likely go second class.

Sounds great. Subways for the rich, the poor can uses buses!

Nastiest thing i saw was last week a young drunk girl threw up her nights worth of Jager Bombs on subway. The other nasty things i have seen are mostly people leaving half eaten burger king or mcdonalds food on the seat of a subway.:mad:

Ugh no thanks. Didn't we learn anything from the Titanic?

Well, it's bad enough here that we already have VIP seating, and this kind of crap. We're all equal humans, and there should be no option to pay more. We all deserve to be comfortable, and have access to the same things as others.

The MTR's East Rail Line (former KCR) also has "first class" seating, but this is a premium for softer seating in quads, rather than the standard subway-style seating, with no other privileges. The Star Ferry and the East Rail line are the only instances I've seen for segregated seating. The Star Ferry's upper deck is enclosed and air conditioned.

Yes, European rail stock (regional and intercity) has the distinction, but so does VIA and airlines. It's not a big deal, but it wouldn't ever come to local transit.

An aside, I had to change cars on the SRT today because some thoughtless woman decided to do her nails. The smell of nail polish and remover is toxic.

Yeah, exactly, only poor people do that the nasty stuff you list. Separate rich and poor is a great idea.

Better solution would be to annex some farmland in 905 and build a shit load of social housing and move all the poor people there. All the hoods in the city like Jane-Finch and Rexdale can be bulldozed. No more poor people, no more nasty jerks.

If you just separate seating, you'd still have to deal with nasty poor people on the bus stops and subway platforms. It is just a stop-gap solution. I've had enough of stop-gap when it comes to the TTC, haven't you?

Toronto must look to great cities like Paris. All the poor people in the Paris area live on fringes, outside the city, in the suburbs. That's why it is such a great city. Toronto needs to be more like that.

It would increase transit ridership a lot too. The lower classes will always use transit anyways, no matter where they live. The upper classes will only use transit if there is no lower classes. Move the peasants out, problem solved, ridership boom.

I'm going to have to agree with the sarcasm of the poster above.

Even if you meant this as a joke, this is pretty abysmal. More disgusting than any vomit or nose-picking, really.

Well, it's bad enough here that we already have VIP seating, and this kind of crap. We're all equal humans, and there should be no option to pay more. We all deserve to be comfortable, and have access to the same things as others.
Rubbish. If we all have some sort of entitlement to equal luxuries, then what's the point of working harder and smarter and using your inherent skills to make more money and to better your standard of living? If I want to travel to the airport I can take a limo, since I can afford one. Someone else can afford to take a helicopter to their private plane at the airport. Some other poor chap will have to take the TTC and take 2 hours to get to the airport. Sure, "lowest common denominator transit" can be available to everyone, same as sidewalks, but if I want to pay more to get away from the rabble while their spit, jerk, snort and vomit then I'll gladly pay. Oh, but I do anyway, since I spend my extra cash to drive or ride my motorcycle, and rarely take the TTC.

Actually, if you read this forum you'll see that most here highly regard public transit in Europe. And, in Europe most intercity trains, akin to our GO Trains, have first and second class.

I just felt like pointing out that GO isn't an intercity train. That is all.

Actually, if you read this forum you'll see that most here highly regard public transit in Europe. And, in Europe most intercity trains, akin to our GO Trains, have first and second class.

Intercity train systems are not transit systems. The equivalent here is VIA Rail and Amtrak.

Back