News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 527     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

That would seem to mean the Cons will go MUCH more right-wing and probably mean they do not see government for a good ling time.
I imagine this weekend he'll sit down for a pint with Andrew Scheer. CPC leader is a thankless job that no one should want. You have no hope of ever becoming PM and all you do is take sh#t from evangelicals and radicals.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two CPC-O’Toole loyalists cross the floor to the Liberals. Especially if the Liberals dangle a carrot like a Minister or Parliamentary Secretary gig.

I imagine this weekend he'll sit down for a pint with Andrew Scheer. CPC leader is a thankless job that no one should want. You have no hope of ever becoming PM and all you do is take sh#t from evangelicals and radicals.
Somebody said on CBCNN that they have had seven leaders and interim leaders since 2015. That's enough for a club - or a survivors group.

Somebody said on CBCNN that they have had seven leaders and interim leaders since 2015. That's enough for a club - or a survivors group.
No. Rona Ambrose replaced Harper as interim leader pending a vote. The members then elected Andrew Scheer, who was ousted after losing the 2019 election, and replaced by O'Toole, who's now ousted after losing the 2021 election.

It's only been three, now four leaders since Harper. This is about in line with the Liberals after Jean Chrétien, with Martin, Ignatieff, Dion and Trudeau. It's no surprise for a party to toss its leader after a failed election bid.

I hear DoFo is interested. Might be appealing as it seems likely the provincial election may not return him a majority.

Meanwhile on the CBC…

"O'Toole has time and again betrayed the party's socially conservative base with his support for abortion, LGBT ideology, oppressive lockdowns, and liberty-destroying passports for abortion-tainted vaccines," said Jeff Gunnarson, the president of the Campaign Life Coalition. "It's about time this fake conservative was given the boot."

Last edited:
Meaning on the CBC…

"O'Toole has time and again betrayed the party's socially conservative base with his support for abortion, LGBT ideology, oppressive lockdowns, and liberty-destroying passports for abortion-tainted vaccines," said Jeff Gunnarson, the president of the Campaign Life Coalition. "It's about time this fake conservative was given the boot."

Sheesh, anything else? I think everything including the kitchen sink is there.

AoD

I hear DoFo is interested. Might be appealing as it seems likely the provincial election may not return him a majority.
The CPC is done with Ontarians, they want a rural red neck leader, ideally with a neck beard. Besides, DoFO is heading for minority status this June, upon which the knives will be out. He‘ll be lucky if he’s premier by the end of 2023.

Doesn’t the interim leader recluse themselves from running? Like Ambrose.
From the Constitution of the Conservative Party of Canada:

10.9.1 The parliamentary caucus (including Senators) shall appoint an Interim Leader of the Party who shall exercise the powers and responsibilities of the Leader until a new Leader has been selected. A person appointed as Interim Leader may not be nor become a candidate in the leadership selection process. An Interim Leader may but need not be appointed where the Leader has indicated an intention to resign.

Back