News   Apr 25, 2024
 69     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

If the aversion to fact/expertise stands then all conservatism must end.

There absolutely cannot be any other basis for making decisions.

To do otherwise is to endorse irrationality and ignorance.

I'm sorry, have you been on the internet at all? ;)
It's already falling apart around us. Just ask your local flatearth anti-vaxxer spraying vinegar at chemtrails.

Anyway, never mind that horror show....excellent points on the nature of conservatism. Now, seriously....where the hell is David Orchard?

Another misstep from MacKay...

Peter MacKay was "not happy" with a tweet issued by his leadership team poking fun at Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's yoga habit, the Conservative leadership candidate told CBC News today.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mackay-trudeau-yoga-tweet-conservative-leadership-1.5450245

yooooo....Trudeau's into calisthenics? Look at that hold in the first pic! Not bad. Calisthenics + beard = I can begrudgingly respect minor aspects of the man now.

Seriously though, he doesn't know what his people are posting?

Yeah, that's a piss-poor start for the dude. Then goes on to say how he wants his campaign to be civilised. Anyway, why are they jumping the gun and going on about Trudeau during a leadership campaign? That's a bit presumptuous, ne c'est pas? (Sorry about the French, I know it's not MacKay's forte...being a sell-out is).

Now this sort of behavior...

A story came out that he did an interview with The Rebel, but it was just crazy Menzies ambushing him.

Last edited:

..."I can speak to the importance of the [AG] in upholding the Charter rights of all Canadians..."

Oh, good, that would include the "security of the person" and so am I to assume that Peter Mackay is going to stand up against the war on drugs or is he confused as to what "security of the person" means?
He seems to be going on about "conscience rights" and "religious" and deeply-held "personal beliefs".
I'm assuming, lest he look like a hypocrite, this includes the right of people to be sovereign over their own bodies and their right to uphold their own rites of sacrament...in whichever way they see fit. I mean, no way he'd agree the state should have a place telling anyone what they should think and how they should govern their personal lives and personal spirituality.

What a guy!

:rolleyes:?

I think doctors have the right not to prescribe death to patients but they should give info where else they can go.

Anyone else the Conservatives want to offer forward as leader?

I should do it as a lark! Confuse them right up. I'd be like Orchard x Chong x pseudo-hippy-how-did-you-get-in-here?

Maybe I'd win. As long as no one digs up my "offensive" internet mumblings and rumblings.

I'm equally comfortable on a farm or in the bush as I am in a grimy laneway. I'm not straight yet I don't care for parades. I'm all about personal freedoms (moreso than most of these Conservative chumps, except maybe Bernier...oh, wait).
I think I'd have a shot.

#MakeSunrisesGreatAgain

Last edited:

Back