News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 845     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

I got pushed back until October

I just got a letter stating a "confirmed" move in date of Sept 28. This is the first "solid" piece of info I've received so far. Again, my unit is located on the 6th floor in the lower (8-floor) portion of the building. Cutting it close with my wedding being within 2 weeks after that.

i bought one here at $200,990, a one bedroom 425 sq ft......I think its a good buy, what do you guys think?

Did you buy in Phase I or Phase II? Units in Phase I have 9 ft ceiling, and Phase II only 8 ft.

$475/sqft is about what they are selling there now. Yours is $473/sqft, is that including parking and locker? And what floor and view?

I got a unit at Westside last year too. It's in Phase I, 20th floor.

Did anyone else do their PDI?
I'm in the Artscape section on the first floor and I am very very very upset with the condition of the "high-gloss sealed" concrete floor and the exposed concrete wall. Very uneven and ugly throughout.
It's uninhabitable without making major changes.
Drywall on the three other walls was also poorly done.
Bathroom and kitchen were satisfactory.

Not sure if you westside gallery loft folks have the same setup at all. Us Artscape people expected it to be very unfinished, but being this unfinished was a shock to me.

The pictures aren't of the best quality and don't show how bad it really is.

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

It looks fine to me! But then I love real authentic raw lofts, whether Victorian or contemporary. With some (of my :)) imagination and custom furnishings, you could have a real gem.

Don't touch the concrete--it's beautiful!

Btw, good choice on the kitchen--when will ppl clue in that ss appliances with white cabinetry just never works? (Mind you, if the unit was mine, I'd take a wrecking bar to it.:D Your unit requires custom built imaginative spaces!)

Last edited:
Great photo! Thanks for posting! While I don't think it's the worst thing I've ever seen, but it's not as polished as I hoped it would look. How does the liquid resistance seem? If I drop a glass of red wine, will it stain easily?

I've actually requested they fix the floor and they should be doing it in the next few days. My biggest concern was because it was uneven, rough and had big chunks missing. If you notice from the photos there is a seam that goes down the middle. One side of the floor is in better shape than the other, but both are unacceptable in my opinion. I'm a dancer and I've danced on polished concrete before so I was expecting actual polished floor that was smooth enough to slide on. Unfortunately in my purchase agreement, it say "high-gloss sealed" not polish. Polish can cost be 10-15 per square foot based on research. So I'm s.o.l..

What are your thought on the walls? The discolouration on the bottom kills me and the roughness of it would even make it difficult to paint.

And you're all right, with a little bit of creative design work this place will be really charming. But with lack of funds I might be living in this cold parking garage for the time being. :(

I've lived in houses, and I've seen unfinished basements in better shape.

What floor you all on? I'm on the first so I should be the first one moved in and are any of you with artscape or all westside gallery? Either way, we'll all be neighbours so hello to everyone and good luck with your purchase! =)

samsonyeun: In this condition I believe it's not very liquid resistant at all. The photos don't do it much justice, but there are actually what look like rust stains in some parts from buckets or something else.

Back