News   Apr 24, 2024
 394     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.7K     6 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 655     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

Can you clarify this exactly? When you say terrace do you mean the balconies on some units?

Did they remove them??

The 6th floor has terraces as the building insets at the 7th floor. When the sales agent sold me the unit, she showed me on the model where my unit was and where the terrace would be. The floor plans did not include this terrace until the latest disclosure package was sent out. That is when i noticed there was only a balcony and not a terrace on my unit, as my unit is the first one on the 6th floor where there is no terrace.

The 6th floor has terraces as the building insets at the 7th floor. When the sales agent sold me the unit, she showed me on the model where my unit was and where the terrace would be. The floor plans did not include this terrace until the latest disclosure package was sent out. That is when i noticed there was only a balcony and not a terrace on my unit, as my unit is the first one on the 6th floor where there is no terrace.

I have a unit on the 15th. The only 'urbancorp shaft' I got was they stuck my washer/dryer right inside my bedroom closet - effectively cutting my closet space in 1/2 (which is a lot since the closet was already tiny).

I just finished my upgrades - pretty brutal choices, but by foregoing the floors all together for some free upgrades, I ended up ok. I plan to polish the concrete anyways and do an island install myself.

What does everyone think about the 7 ft vs. 9 ft interior wall height? Curious what the ratio of 7 ft/9 ft?

And does anyone know the statuses of the pedestrian bridge over the railway tracks, and Sudbury extension to Queen?

What does everyone think about the 7 ft vs. 9 ft interior wall height? Curious what the ratio of 7 ft/9 ft?

And does anyone know the statuses of the pedestrian bridge over the railway tracks, and Sudbury extension to Queen?

which units have 7ft ceilings?? 7ft is quite low..

I've bought a unit on 20th floor. We chose the 9 ft interior wall height (it was a free upgrade at the time, not sure if it's still free) mainly because of privacy/noise purpose. It's a two bedroom unit, so I don't want noise to travel from one bedroom to the other, or from the tivi in the living room to the bedrooms...etc.

I'm curious about the pedestrian bridge as well. Wonder if they ever got the city's permit for that.

The Sudbury extension to Queen is under construction. There will be 3 buildings on that small strip: Westside, THTC, and Bohemian (the townhouses). At the corner of Queen and Sudbury (where the Country Style Coffee house is), there's an approved project for a nice looking building (1181 Queen St W), not sure how that goes either.

I chose to go with the interior walls extended to 9ft also to keep sound from going all over. I live in a place now that has an open gap for the bedroom and it drives me BANANAS!

7 ft walls vs. 9 ft walls

I definitely chose to move the walls all the way to the ceiling. I have a 2 bedroom unit and for privacy reasons it made more sense.

I purchased in September, but then my agreement to purchase the unit (as well as the same units from floor 6-20) was cancelled due to "construction reasons".

Two months later, I could buy it again, at the same price. The only difference being the options to have drywall and 9 ft. interior walls were gone. I was told even in September (the original purchasing date), the 9 ft. option was mistakenly given to me.

Anyone know if it'd be relatively simple (and cheap) to get it done on my own later on? It's a 2-br that I'll be living in on my own, but for future resale, it's something I'd consider.

Anyone know if the concrete flooring would be liquid-permeable? I don't want stains in case my dog decides to pee some day.

I purchased in September, but then my agreement to purchase the unit (as well as the same units from floor 6-20) was cancelled due to "construction reasons".

Two months later, I could buy it again, at the same price. The only difference being the options to have drywall and 9 ft. interior walls were gone. I was told even in September (the original purchasing date), the 9 ft. option was mistakenly given to me.

Anyone know if it'd be relatively simple (and cheap) to get it done on my own later on? It's a 2-br that I'll be living in on my own, but for future resale, it's something I'd consider.

Anyone know if the concrete flooring would be liquid-permeable? I don't want stains in case my dog decides to pee some day.

the concrete comes 'sealed' but it'll be ugly like a parking garage..

You want to get it polished.

Finally finalized my selection: the only upgrade was the backsplash.

I'm cheap, but would rather have no backsplash than to see that ugly copper on beige pattern every fourth tile. Got the shiny white chiclet.

Couldn't decide between the bathroom flooring. In the end, couldn't justify spending hundreds on the upgrade 2 (lines on nicer colours than the standard), so went for institutional white except for the espresso coloured cabintry.

Everyone may already know this, but apparently, we have to install towel racks ourselves. I'm peeved my front entrance closet/"laundry room" doesn't actually have a rack!

I also asked about the bridge over the railroad, and no change from before ("it's been applied for"). Still wonder if it'll ever get built.

Urbancorp has changed the westside lofts to the westside gallery lofts. In the process they have altered every floor plan, lowered ceiling heights from 10 ft to 9 ft and increased the height of the building from 15 to 20 stories.
Previous purchasers are allowed to switch units for a "comparable one" or are asked to take their deposits back.
"Comparable" layouts are determined by the builder and anyone who wants to move up in floors, ie purchased the penthouse on the 15 floor originally and wants to remain the penthouse, would now have to pay market rate for the "comparable unit" or be left with the 15th floor without any price adjustment. Average price per sq ft is now $430.

Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Does anyone know what the reason for the latest delay is? Even though it's only 2 months, it's 2 more months to an already massive delay.

Back